Seeking Advice on front pit bull stand

2hip

Registered
Guys, just picked up front stand to reshoe "Wendy". I've had Wendy's hinney up on the back stand 3-4 times now for chain tensioning and cleaning...so I have that pretty much understood. This front stand has a number 6 pin that will fit underneath the fork tree (am I saying that right?) and lift the bike so that forks or wheels can be worked on. This is where the confusion starts:whistle:..I am asking for advice or head-up mate type of stuff in using this device. For example...should I put Wendy on the back stand first and then lift the front? How stable is the front end on one of these type of stands? What my concern is..is this...the whole front end of the bike is resting on a single point...could it turn into a pivot point if only the front is being raised? Do I need to take off the front fender or just slide it back and out of the way? Your experience with this type of stand is appreciated as you pass on info to me...2hip

Rear stand FIRST.

The bike will be very stabile, once you get it on the stands.

No need to remove the front fender before lifting. HOWEVER, a towel, or painter's tape will help protect the fender from any scratches.

If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, there is absolutely no shame in asking someone for assistance...It's less embarrassing than dropping your bike.

I almost always put the rear up first before doing the front. The bike is very stable this way. Once you've done it a few times you'll feel more comfortable doing it on your own. As mentioned a rag/towel whatever to protect the top of the fender is always a good idea. :thumbsup:

You must ALWAYS put the bike on the rear stand FIRST!!!

Then raise the front.
Posted via Mobile Device

The reason you put the bike on the rear stand first is because the rear stand will pull the bike backwards. When you put the bike on the front stand first, you could pull it off with the rear stand. By raising the rear first, the bike is stable and by lifting the bike with front stand, it is simply a pivot point. Like others have stated, get help the first few times until you are comfortable with the process.

I have a Pitbull pin front stand for my R1. I always hated using it. I just picked up a Pitbull fork lift stand last week. I haven't used it yet, but I am hoping it is much easier to lift with.

On Pit Bull website in their fitment chart, it says for GenII you have to remove the front fender.
Always rear stand first. :rulez:

I have a Pitbull pin front stand for my R1. I always hated using it. I just picked up a Pitbull fork lift stand last week. I haven't used it yet, but I am hoping it is much easier to lift with.

I got a Pit Bull fork lift stand first. May work for an R1, but will take a stronger boy than myself to lift the front of a Busa with it. I'm 200lbs and not a weakling, putting everything I had on it and it wasn't coming up.
Took it back and got a PB pin stand, no problems since.
But I don't have a perfectly smooth or level work area surface either. That may have had a lot to do with it.

Last edited:
On Pit Bull website in their fitment chart, it says for GenII you have to remove the front fender.
Always rear stand first. :rulez:

Although they recommend removing the front fender, you can do it without doing so. All you need is a helper to hold the upper stand arm with the pin in position, and then its Up and away you go! :thumbsup:

Back