What do you use for a motorcycle lift instead of Stands?

PJ267

Registered
I know people use rear/front stands (like pit-bull) but what is a good way to lift the bike from underneath? I don't want a table lift I want to get a stand that likfts the bike from underneath like a car jack? is there anything like this? thanks

dirtyred

Registered
i have harness connected to my trusses throught the ceiling to wench the bike up from front or back, as far as i know, there is no belly jack for sportbikes due to the exhause running underneath

Rad92

Registered
I use an A-frame ladder and a cable winch. Also use a ratchet strap across the bottom rungs to prevent kick out. Works great. Can do it with the front or back. It allows me to take off the wheels. Neccessity is the mother of invention.

slngshott

Registered
How do you lift the rear without any weight on the swingarm? I am puting adjustable links on mine. Then extensions.

bowwow

Registered
I put a 4X4 across the top of my garage in the rafters. Two eye-lets for ratchet straps or a come-a-long.

bowwow

Registered
How do you lift the rear without any weight on the swingarm? I am puting adjustable links on mine. Then extensions.
I picked the rear up just enough to get the weight off and used a floor jack under the rear shock. You can move the jack up or down depending on which way you need to go. :thumbsup:

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
both... hoist is great for 99% of the work on the bike.. the stands are needed for front wheel service and getting the bike off the ground at the track or at MnG's.. I use the rear stand on the hoist as well...

Just great not having to be all bent over all the time working on the bike, walk up and do your thing..

AJAY

Registered
I've been using a custom anti-grav setup, but the reaction forces are difficult to control when trying to wrench on it. Still trying to work the bugs out of the system, but it sure looks better than Robot's rig. +5 to Dino!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Duke1340 HELP !!!?? NEED MORE ROOM ..Motorcycle Paddock Central Stand Side Lift .... Gen II Busa Information 4
rubbersidedown Going to purchase a motorcycle lift from north of the border General Bike Related Topics 27
dadofthree Motorcycle Lift General Bike Related Topics 12
Rhythm Motorcycle lift ?front and rear stand Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 8
Rhythm Motorcycle lift front and rear stand Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 0
teezy Motorcycle lift!! Whos got them? Busa Mods 28
R Video Help Needed for Redline Motorcycle Lift Table General Bike Related Topics 10
TWT racer funky Motorcycle Lift video Videos 21
aka Danksy Found a Motorcycle Lift for 240.00 General Bike Related Topics 3
R Pit Bull motorcycle lift.. General Bike Related Topics 7
CanadienMike Motorcycle Lift General Bike Related Topics 41
captain I need a motorcycle lift General Bike Related Topics 39
rubbersidedown Motorcycle/Motorcycling: Superstitions/Fears/Myth's/Old Wives Tales Random Thoughts 7
N Basic motorcycle tools - suggestion? Gen II Busa Information 36
c10 First time I've ever ordered a new Motorcycle General Bike Related Topics 57
rubbersidedown Only motorcycle topics Random Thoughts 20
rubbersidedown New hobby,motorcycle wall of art and photo Random Thoughts 7
rubbersidedown D.I.D motorcycle chain,brand new,never installed Parts and Modifications 0
Slowstang305 First motorcycle show.... PICS (Riva Motorsports) General Bike Related Topics 5
Sandow Are Motorcycle Tires a Ripoff? The Darkside Car Tire Experiment Off Topic 10
S My motorcycle got stolen. $1000 cash reward if you find Arizona 24
G 2020 POLICE MOTORCYCLE?? Off Topic 8
c10 Motorcycle parts key chains General Bike Related Topics 27
Boosted Cycle Perf My motorcycle tech specific YouTube channel ideas... General Bike Related Topics 26
G Motorcycle Cover Gen II Busa Information 5
Kiwi Rider Motorcycle Shop Christmas Party's are the BEST!!! General Bike Related Topics 16
SmokeKingOfCali99Hayabusa Motorcycle Grips. General Bike Related Topics 36
HayaWakened 007: No Time to Die Motorcycle Stunt General Bike Related Topics 2
jellyrug Tesla’s first motorcycle General Bike Related Topics 6
VIPER Motorcycle Magazines General Bike Related Topics 16
U Motorcycle discrimination by homeowners associations General Bike Related Topics 14
busafan08 Motorcycle addiction I got a problem Random Thoughts 25
T Kinda long, but a motorcycle review I did back in 2011 when I bought my 09 busa... General Bike Related Topics 11
captain Breaking News - Motorcycle Pursuit In the News 31
mabupa Awesome motorcycle manufacturing plant General Bike Related Topics 12
T Best state for motorcycle riding? Random Thoughts 25
U How often do you ride your motorcycle? Miles per year? General Bike Related Topics 11
U Why do car drivers feel its okay to pull out in front of a motorcycle but wouldn't do it to a car? General Bike Related Topics 18
U What happened to the motorcycle community? General Bike Related Topics 83
T World's fastest motorcycle riders as of June 2019 Top Speed 0
pashnit Pashnit Coast Range Motorcycle Tour Trips and Touring 21
Mythos U-Hual Motorcycle Trailer, Loading? General Bike Related Topics 26
08BusaKY Tiger chases motorcycle... General Bike Related Topics 29
greg3852 I rode a motorcycle today General Bike Related Topics 5
B Motorcycle insurance question when shipping bike out of state and to a shop Off Topic 2
mabupa Motorcycle dash cam quest General Bike Related Topics 31
Slowstang305 I confess, I have not ridden my motorcycle in.... General Bike Related Topics 17
B Motorcycle shipping Off Topic 9
Tetsuo1000 For motorcycle and topgun fans Videos 20
1busa Summer Motorcycle Rally Trips and Touring 7