Need a front stand, have a question.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I am in need of a front stand. Getting tired of the straps to the ceiling and the balancing act to change a front tire. My question: Will the redline pin stand work on the gen II? I had a front stand before, but the pin that sits in the hole on the bottom of the fork tube would not fit my genII like it did with my GenI because of the cross bolt. I dont like the finger style, but is the pin small enough to work on the GenII? I cant remember. Here is the one I want and just want to be sure before I order it. Redline Commercial Sportbike Front Fork Pin Stand REDLINE ENGINEERING - SPORTBIKE FRONT STANDS FOR YAMAHA SUZUKI KAWASAKI HONDA : Motorcycle Lift Tables, Stands, Chocks, & Trailers, Plus Automotive 2 & 4 Post Lifts

If you're going to buy a front stand, get a forklift style that lifts under the lower triple clamp.
They are much more stable, and eventually you're going to have to change fork seals anyway.
Might as well have a stand that allows you to remove the forks.:beerchug:

If you buy a pit bull there will be no issues. I have the convertible pitbull that comes in two pieces.

Works fast and efficient under the fork legs for every day use. Add the convertible top piece and it lifts from the hole in the triple tree for fork removal.

For the Gen I you cannot get the front tire out from underneath the fender with either type stand. I use a rear stand then jack the front up with a floor jack on the header pipes in order to get enough height to roll the front tire out without removing the fender.

Look around before you buy, I've seen a few used put bulls around Tulsa. My wife picked up my front stand for $60. If anything cycle gear prints % off coupons from time to time for anything I the store. Used one for my rear stand.

Do some research for real. There are companies that will give you nothing for your hard earned dollar. Don't get taken advantage of, do your research, don't just buy a name

Do some research for real. There are companies that will give you nothing for your hard earned dollar. Don't get taken advantage of, do your research, don't just buy a name

Care to elaborate. I picked up more than few different stands. Pit bull deff was the best quality wise. They'll all lift the bike but to say there's nothing but a name there is a little silly.

The ones with a pin under the triple tree get tight if your bike is lowered...might not be an issue...they should come with a few pins for different bike set ups...ask the sales person what comes with the lift. I have used them for many years and now lifting up my bike the pin has bent...there are stress cracks... and I made a few more pins on the lathe. I'd hope you know by now from reading but make sure the back end is lifted prior to lifting up the front or the neck will pivot and the bike will be laying on the side panel (not good)

Thanks for the tips guys, I know how to use them. I just wanted to make sure that stand would fit my bike. Wish it had a handle on it. Anyone have one for sale? :laugh:

Back