Anyway to upgrade to IE 7

That shouldn't be problem.. in my opinion~ I would just go to microsoft's site and click on the d'load/install from there~ So long as you have the memory to run it, it shouldn't make a difference on your 'not so genuine' copy of XP~

GJoker,
They do a validation check when you try to do that. For some reason, mine fails that check.

Don

Don`t do it. IE7 is a POS. Use mozilla instead. You will be pleased. Much better browser.

www.mozilla.com

If you decided to use IE anyway do a search, there is many ways to cheat validation check.
Screw Bill Gates!!!!

HAHA Vic.
I just d/l firefox. I used to use it. Went back to ie when I did the OS reinstall.

Don

I have corporate license for few hundreds XP copies, guess what, I`m sick and tired of MS bullcrap about validation. We dropped using Outlook for corporate emails and switched to Novell GroupWise.
Unfortunately we can not switch from Windows so we stuck with it.

Personally I will never put 1 more penny in Billy pocket anymore.

Vic,
Up and running in FF now. It has been 5 years since I built this machine. (AMD Athlon XP 2200+). I am considering buying a new machine. HP makes a killer machine with a touch screen. We'll see.

Don

I use Dells Optiplex workstations, IMO opinion the best machine Dell making for corporate users.
Most stable platform for running heavy applications with 0.01% failure rate. I used to be AMD supporter from 1993 to 2005... not anymore.

BTW, I can get Dell machines with 50% discount off MSRP. And Windows XP GENUINE ;)

(USN05LE @ Sep. 19 2007,08:59) Vic,
Up and running in FF now. It has been 5 years since I built this machine. (AMD Athlon XP 2200+). I am considering buying a new machine. HP makes a killer machine with a touch screen. We'll see.

Don
we dropped HP machines after alliance with Compaq.

We switched to IBM servers and fired HP and Compaq all together.

BTW. Dell Optiplex is quietest desktop ever due to 5' cooling fan . I think my IBM laptop making more noise.

Back