.Org troubles with IE 10?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Anybody else having trouble with IE 10 (Win7 64Bit) and the .org? I updated one machine, and not matter what I do, I cannot get the Enter (new line) key to work when posting or replying to a post...I updated another one, same thing, when I reverted it started working again. Any ideas?

CHROME! :D Sorry, can't stand IE so can't help you out.

Oh, and DO3 started it.. :poke:

:banghead: Neither of you are helping - I need IE for other reasons.

MMooooooooooooooooom!!!!!
kid-crying-1-e1347333222535.jpg

Silly question I know, but did you download the specific IE 10 for 64-bit? May require a reboot too, and from what I'm reading, any previously uninstalled or broken Windows updates might affect IE 10 on Win7...

Silly question I know, but did you download the specific IE 10 for 64-bit? May require a reboot too, and from what I'm reading, any previously uninstalled or broken Windows updates might affect IE 10 on Win7...

Installing IE10 is now considered a critical update for Windows Update...which is where i did it.

I saw THIS while I was trying to research the issue:

Microsoft is expected to release the next version of Windows, Windows 8, on October 26th. With Windows 8, Microsoft has made a decision to limit the use of Flash as a means for delivering content and move toward a concept of a plug-in free experience in Internet Explorer 10. As a result, sites will not be allowed to serve Flash in Internet Explorer 10 unless they have been given prior approval and have been whitelisted by Microsoft.
What this means for you
The default browser experience in the new Windows UI will not allow Flash unless the site has been approved and granted access by Microsoft.

Now I am remoted to my home machine, posting this with IE10 (enter) again (enter) no line break (enter) arrgh!

CHROME! :D Sorry, can't stand IE so can't help you out.

Oh, and DO3 started it.. :poke:
Why is everyone blaming me. If you write something here and I'm not standing behind you at the time you can not blame me. Take responsibility for your own actions jeez :laugh:

Going on 20 posts and not a coherent response yet must be the .org :rofl:

I don't know IE 10 but is there a Compatibility View mode like in previous versions? that may help.

With Flash going away, browsers are now being rewritten to use HTML 5 instead. Even Adobe has stopped supporting Flash on cell phones and will soon be transitioning to HTML 5 as well. That could mean that certain functions /actions that take place in this forum are not compatible with certain browsers any longer.

Back