.Org troubles with IE 10?

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, but here's the issue.

The org has three message editor interface types that we can choose from. The nicest of the three is "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing".

That interface is not currently jiving with IE 10, and I'm betting that's what you have selected.

You want to go here: Settings>General Settings>scroll down to Miscellaneous Options

Select "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls"

Click "Save Changes". Now you're GTG. :thumbsup:

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, but here's the issue.

The org has three message editor interface types that we can choose from. The nicest of the three is "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing".

That interface is not currently jiving with IE 10, and I'm betting that's what you have selected.

You want to go here: Settings>General Settings>scroll down to Miscellaneous Options

Select "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls"

Click "Save Changes". Now you're GTG. :thumbsup:

FINALLY...Let me try that Daniel I knew sooner or later you'd see this...anybody working on making it 'jive'?

Question, is that a 'profile' setting, which means it will retain that setting regardless of the machine I'm using?

Ok Daniel, changed the settings and am now remoted to home machine posting this.

YES, the enter key now works. Looks like I lost a little functionality, but at least now it works. Thank you!

Might consider some way to clean up this thread and sticky it, as others are going to likely have the same problem. The good news is that new members default to the setting that works without issue.

just saw this one but glad its all sorted out for you :thumbsup: I suspect as they do more to dork with "making things safer/better" we'll see more of these challenges. Ever wonder if some of these changes are meant to allow or provide access to those that would want to snoop on what you are doing? I mean Flash was/is a great tool but also allows you to do things completely off the radar so to speak. The downside is that they could also push virus pooh the same way but you could technically do things "off the record" in flash apps :whistle:

The problems continue. I fixed the .org problem, but...

IE 10 will not save any login cookies, and I'm manually having to re-login ever time I reopen a browser window. From what I've been able to find, it's a documented IE10 problem that MS, so far, is aware of but turning a blind eye too. Any of you geniuses seen any fix for it (BESIDES another browser to eliminate comments from the peanut gallery?)

The problems continue. I fixed the .org problem, but...

IE 10 will not save any login cookies, and I'm manually having to re-login ever time I reopen a browser window. From what I've been able to find, it's a documented IE10 problem that MS, so far, is aware of but turning a blind eye too. Any of you geniuses seen any fix for it (BESIDES another browser to eliminate comments from the peanut gallery?)

I can duplicate the editor issue but I can't duplicate the issue with the cookies. I'm running Win7 SP1 64 bit and IE 10 (10.0.9200.16540)

The editor issue is documented with the BB software and is not org specific.

I can duplicate the editor issue but I can't duplicate the issue with the cookies. I'm running Win7 SP1 64 bit and IE 10 (10.0.9200.16540)

The editor issue is documented with the BB software and is not org specific.

Running same version as you Rick.

So, here's where it gets interesting. I'm on my home machine right now posting this. These are nearly IDENTICAL machines (I built them both as same time so the one I have at home is same as one I have at work), but the HOME machine IS saving login data. So now I have to figure out what's set different between the two machines (an IE issue not a BB issue)....

The investigation continues. I'm too stubborn and rectally retentive to let it go THAT easily...

Late to the party but here's my suggestions:

1) Firefox (already suggested)
2) Chrome (already suggested)
3) Buy a Mac
4) Contact MS Support
5) After recovering from hysterical laughter related to #4, see #6
6) Revert back to IE 0.001 (often referred to as pad and paper)
7) VPN in and use Bill Gates Computer (reportedly a Mac...he's got shyte to do, he doesn't have time to troubleshoot, update and reboot an OS every other hour!)

Best of luck!

Back