Anything I need To know when installing rear lowering links

89mustang

Registered
Ive never put a set on is there anything special i need to do to support the bike? I have front and rear stands and a floor jack. My question is once you loosen the suspension isnt the bike going to be in 2 pieces? I don't want to watch my scoot fall any help appreciated. :bowdown:

Place a jack under it while you have it on the rear stand. Loosen the bolts and adjust the jack up or down slightly so that the bolts pull straight through. Remove factory links and add new links and adjust to desired position. It's easier than you think. Good luck.

like they said...get the back / front stands in....support the middle till the link bolts slide out easy and swap in the new links...raise / lower the floor jack as needed....keep an eye on the front / rear stands to be sure nothing bad happens. having a extra set of hands / eyes always helps

Not a bad idea to have someone there to watch the bike. Make sure you have good links. We've seen them break and fold.

It won't be in two pieces because the swing arm will still be attached to the main frame. Make sure and do before and after pics.

when putting the bolts back in be careful with the drum needle bearings. I ruined one of mine and had to replace it which is not simple if you dont have a press.

I'm not a fan of changing them with the bike on stands. Bikes tend to wobble a bit on stands, and could result in the bike falling off.

I like to stand the bike up in a wheel chalk, and lift the back end just slightly off the ground with an engine hoist attached to the sub frame. Way more stable and safer.

Super stable setup, used a steel rod through swingarm pivot resting on a pair of jack stands. Did this when I upgraded to Penske rear shock and Traxxion internals up front for the forks. Once bike supported removed both wheels and suspension with help of floor jack under header to pivot Busa whichever way I needed.
Busa 42.jpg

Busa 42.jpg

Yes I'm sorry I got them installed. I posted in 1/4mile section. Because after I put them in ran my best of 9.75@145. Thank you everyone for the input. I was over cautious and used a cherry picker too

This is your best bet!
Super stable setup, used a steel rod through swingarm pivot resting on a pair of jack stands. Did this when I upgraded to Penske rear shock and Traxxion internals up front for the forks. Once bike supported removed both wheels and suspension with help of floor jack under header to pivot Busa whichever way I needed.
View attachment 270349

Back