Soupy front and rear lowering install

GetU1

Registered
Hey fellas, I am searching around and finding vague install info for these pieces. I just purchased the front 1" lowering block from Soupy and the threaded adjustable rear lowering, but don't know where to start with this install and I really want to install them asap. I have stands and everything but don't want to have an OH $*** moment because I have way to much money into my bike for something dumb to happen. Please any help would be awesome.

For the top triple block. You need to first remove the four chrome caps off the bolts holding the stock top clamp. Use a razor blade to remove caps.

Once the caps are removed. Unbolt the four bolts. Raise stock clamp and slide the soupy block in-between the top clamp and base clamp.

just like this..

491.jpg

Ok thanks for that info fellas. Any input on the rear lowering?? For some reason I can not loosen the threaded lowering link to extend :banghead: Sorry if these are dumb questions

Yes, the very same even if you have the block kit instead of the spacer type kit. As for the rear- you need a rear stand, small jack and maybe if your worried a buddy to hold the bike steady. Put the bike on the rear stand, loosen the dog bone bolts, slowly jack the bike until theres some slack in the dog bones to remove the lower bolt. (you'll only have to jack it slightly) The arm and tire will drop, then do the top bolt. Remove the old bones and install the top bolt the same way it was removed with the adjustable links. (make sure the "bowl side" of the links face out). Once youve got the top bolt and nut installed - go to the bottom. You may have to jack the bike slightly again or lower the jack to line up the bolt holes on the bottom. Make sure again the bowl side of the links face out. Then tighten the top/ bottom up and your done. If you want to adjust the height after that, all you'll need is the rear stand. Good luck, its easy and wont take long.

If your located anywhere near Wagoner OK. Just bring it over and we will do it.

Yes, the very same even if you have the block kit instead of the spacer type kit. As for the rear- you need a rear stand, small jack and maybe if your worried a buddy to hold the bike steady. Put the bike on the rear stand, loosen the dog bone bolts, slowly jack the bike until theres some slack in the dog bones to remove the lower bolt. (you'll only have to jack it slightly) The arm and tire will drop, then do the top bolt. Remove the old bones and install the top bolt the same way it was removed with the adjustable links. (make sure the "bowl side" of the links face out). Once youve got the top bolt and nut installed - go to the bottom. You may have to jack the bike slightly again or lower the jack to line up the bolt holes on the bottom. Make sure again the bowl side of the links face out. Then tighten the top/ bottom up and your done. If you want to adjust the height after that, all you'll need is the rear stand. Good luck, its easy and wont take long.

Very well told

+ 1

I jacked mine up on the belly using a piece of wood along with my jack to prevent from kinking the oil pan area.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, great help, I will be installing the front block tonight and maybe the rear this weekend :bowdown:

Its also a good idea to mark your forks 1" down, then when you loosen your fork clamps
( slowly ) allow the forks to slide up to the mark and tighten the clamp.

Tommybusa_you might have to drive up to Philadelphia and help me with these lowering links, PLEASE!! :thumbsup:

hey guys i just put my soupy's adjustable 1" raise for the rear, but same install, bloody glad my mate popped over when he did lol,

it bolts thru from right to left, nut on the left, when i undid mine the dogbone was almost jammed onto the bolt and needed some persuasion... i didnt use a jack, just got my mate to take the weight and popped a peice of wood under the lower shock point and he just moved it a bit up or down till i got it in again, pretty simple, grab a mate just in case:)

i too have the 1" front block from soupy's, just a question for you guys who have done this allready, when it is fitted and you are ready to undo the fork bolts, as mentioned earlier in the thread, can you just undo them very slowly to slip them thru evenly, im not sure if i want to put the full inch thru is all:)

cheers guys

keep it shiny side up:)

hey guys i just put my soupy's adjustable 1" raise for the rear, but same install, bloody glad my mate popped over when he did lol,

it bolts thru from right to left, nut on the left, when i undid mine the dogbone was almost jammed onto the bolt and needed some persuasion... i didnt use a jack, just got my mate to take the weight and popped a peice of wood under the lower shock point and he just moved it a bit up or down till i got it in again, pretty simple, grab a mate just in case:)

i too have the 1" front block from soupy's, just a question for you guys who have done this allready, when it is fitted and you are ready to undo the fork bolts, as mentioned earlier in the thread, can you just undo them very slowly to slip them thru evenly, im not sure if i want to put the full inch thru is all:)

cheers guys

keep it shiny side up:)

ok i put my front drop in just then and it qas pretty straitforward,

removed the top bolt caps with a blade and a small screwdriver, undid the bolts, lifted the handlebar up, slipped the block in and put in the new longer bolts and locknuts. too easy.

now i got to the slipping the forks thru section,

directly under the headlight there is a plastic cover with six push pins,

(2 at the front 2 just to the side of them ones and another 2 at the rear)

you have to remove this to get at the lower fork bolts, remove the cover,

undo the 4 bolts then get back up on top of the bike and very slowly undo the 2 bolts that are directly under the handlebars (one on each side) and they should just slide through slowly, well mine did anyway:)

tighten the two top bolts and the 4 lower bolts, replace the bottom cover and push pins and all done:thumbsup:

i ended up putting the full inch thru and it looks sweet as

Back