Lowering Front And Rear On 2016 Busa

busalife2016

Registered
Like the title adds I'd like to lower the front is there anything special or any pointers someone could give to help me out I've tried to google the crap out of it but see different things I bought the soupy spacers and I have roaring toyz lowering link I understand the rear but to drop the rear I have to drop the front correct? By an inch? All reason behind this is my Thompson swingarm will be here Friday so I didn't know if it's a easy fix in the front anything helps. Thanks

I think you will need to replace the clamp the bars connect to so that the forks can slide up in the triple clamps. Not an expert on lowering so maybe there is another cheaper/simpler way.

If you bought the spacer for the triple, all you need to do is mount it and then just loosen the fork clamp bolts and push them up until it stops and tighten up the bolts again. That's what I did.

If you bought the spacer for the triple, all you need to do is mount it and then just loosen the fork clamp bolts and push them up until it stops and tighten up the bolts again. That's what I did.
Thanks man I thought that's what it was but didn't know so once I install the spacer just lift the forks tell it stops and it's good

I think you will need to replace the clamp the bars connect to so that the forks can slide up in the triple clamps. Not an expert on lowering so maybe there is another cheaper/simpler way.
Yea soupy makes these risers $30 bucks shipped and they say it will lower the front 1" just wasn't sure on how

this is how i lowered mine .. you dont have to use brocks stuff. i choose to.
you can also use a spacer to lower the front or just the 3 hole lowering links, i just like the adjustability of the adjustable ones.soupy make some good quality stuff also as i have used it before as well.
hope this helps

brock_Busa_Triple_Tree_Black.jpg

broksloweringlinks.jpg

+1 on brocks lowering triple tree and lowering links. The triple tree looks much better than the risers. The window links are awesome for adjusting exactly what you need.
Just my opinion but I have bought a lot of parts from brocks and have never been let down!

Just make sure after lowering the front end (if you lower it too far) you don't bottom out the front suspension from a wheelie. Or you'll kiss your oil pan goodbye.... Just a heads up.

here is a pic of mine lowered with the above parts. top notch quality.. can you find cheaper ,,, yes. i know these are great quality.

sidwindersmall.jpg

looks good for sure but if the rear is lower more in the rear than the front it will make the handling a bit heavy to turn in sharp, been there done that and it took awhile to get it right. not that it will matter in the twisties in florida anyhow:race:

Back