Anyone used a Shinko tire before ?

i have a 200 R008 shinko one mine and it is awesome. hooks good on the street and best hooking tire ive had at the track. was like 100 bucks too, cant beat it.

I've also wondered about them. There are great deals on ebay for front and back tires. Check them out.

When I bought my bike the previous owner had put one on at 4500 miles. It was toast in less than 3000 miles and handling on twisty roads was less than great.

I changed to the Metzler M3 180 and I will never look back.

Hey I run them on the front and back! I'm still breaking them in, but I'm not a hard twistie type of a guy either. I'm running a 200 on the back and they feel good around thus far...Stay tuned

Picture_004.jpg

The local drag racers/street riders swear on the ultra soft. They say they're getting alot better mileage from the softer compound. This goes against the normal way of thinking about tires, but the proof is on their bikes.

Yamahor bought a 900RR with the raven tires and the bike wouldn't handle at all. We swapped on a set of Qualifiers and the bike railed hard.

(DR1300R @ Feb. 21 2007,08:39)
(Cykill @ Feb. 21 2007,09
zzwhip.gif
) Alot of people use them and like them. i've not used the personally, but i'm a twisty type of guy so they don't really fit my needs. the 200series i see on Busa's all the time
So there no good in the twisties?
rock.gif

Thats what My Busa came with and headed for the gap Bash, think I'll be ok.

Not sure what model they are..
+1

(DR1300R @ Feb. 20 2007,22:39)
(Cykill @ Feb. 21 2007,09
zzwhip.gif
) Alot of people use them and like them. i've not used the personally, but i'm a twisty type of guy so they don't really fit my needs. the 200series i see on Busa's all the time
So there no good in the twisties?
rock.gif

Thats what My Busa came with and headed for the gap Bash, think I'll be ok.

Not sure what model they are..
doyle I ran a shinko for 2 yrs and never had any problems at the gap last yr with mine. Yeah it may be a "little" harder to corner compared to a normal street tire because they are a little flatter but by no means did I fall to the back of the pack because of it.
cool.gif

With shinko? Nah...no problem at all(it is long lasting tire too...) I've got a pics that with 4000 mi on it. and it looks real good...I love corners and yes it is little trickier to drag your knees but, hey with all that miles I get out of? come on...It's a
kickass.gif
tires

PICT0527__Small_.jpg

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Stinko's ROCK!</span>
all_coholic.gif

AOL.com Images Not Available

I run the shinko ultra soft front,rear combo & I'm very happy with them.They perform very well at the track & then I ride to the near by canyon rodes & tear it up with no complaints.i bought mine from motoman on ebay both for $185.00 free shipping.

(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 22 2007,04:45) hey,why is my grid pattern different??

190/50zr17 unidirectional
you have the 003 drag tire one like I used to run. shinko also has a new street tire with the tread like everyone else

I run ultra soft 003 190 shinko's and there is only one other tire on the market that sticks better for me and that was my mickey thompson.

(fstbusa @ Feb. 22 2007,17:12)
(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 22 2007,04:45) hey,why is my grid pattern different??

190/50zr17 unidirectional
you have the 003 drag tire one like I used to run.  shinko also has a new street tire with the tread like everyone else
THAT MAKES SENSE,i BOUGHT THE BIKE IN DEC FROM A GUY WHO USED IT STRICTLY TO DRAG...THANKS

(rosalax @ Feb. 22 2007,07:28) I run ultra soft 003 190 shinko's and there is only one other tire on the market that sticks better for me and that was my mickey thompson.
yeah and how long does that last? 20 passes? how much does it cost? 200+.... yeah a mickey is a hellva tire but dang... a street tire shinko for 120 and it sticks hella good for a street tire and lasts damn long...

I loved my shinko when I ran it. More into street riding now rather than at the strip.
smile.gif

Shinko's are made for all types of riding styles,get the one for you,you wouldn't use a canyon tire for dra racing and vice versus.I have sold a ton of them and not one complaint and we have all types of riders come thru the shop...

DO NOT USE A SHINKO 003 IN THE RAIN....i got caught in the rain one afternoon and forgot i hadnt reinstalled my stock bridgestone tire after the drags an earlier weekend. i ended up hydroplaning....TWICE. the first at 80mph. picked it up and i got about 2 miles down the road thinking 50mph was safe and it happened again. at least it fell on the same side both times
beerchug.gif

We sell lots of these to guys with big power busas. They love them. If you have a high 8 second or slower bike and ride the street a lot, get the soft. For the quicker bikes that see a lot of track time, get the ultra soft.

http://www.aperaceparts.com/tires.html

Jay

Back