Anyone used a Shinko tire before ?

Warputer

Father of 4=Madness
Donating Member
Registered
Haven't heard alot about them ......they sure are cheap ! Anyone have some positive or negative feedback ?
rock.gif
Thanks for your input .....

0000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

I have the 200 , but i have not ridden with it yet. They are not made as well, I had to have little weights put on my wheels, and i did not have that problem with the pilot powers.

Alot of people use them and like them. i've not used the personally, but i'm a twisty type of guy so they don't really fit my needs. the 200series i see on Busa's all the time

Great tires,work well they make several styles for different siding styles..I use a ton of them for guys that don't have the cash to pilot power,pirelli or dunlop their bikes out...

Are they softer than a Dunlop or Bridgestone? I need something that will hook up for launching on the street and strip with a five inch stretch.

And ... do they handle that much different than a stocker? Would it be worth my getting an extra wheel so I only run my Shinko when I'm drag racing?

I get my Maxxis supermaxx tires from motoxoutlet.com I love them and I think there cheaper than the shinkos.

(Cykill @ Feb. 21 2007,09:32) Alot of people use them and like them. i've not used the personally, but i'm a twisty type of guy so they don't really fit my needs. the 200series i see on Busa's all the time
So there no good in the twisties?
rock.gif

Thats what My Busa came with and headed for the gap Bash, think I'll be ok.

Not sure what model they are..

I have a 190 on the ear and I have about 50 passes on it at the track and about 4000 road miles and it is still in good shape if you want a good tire that wil hook up on just about any surface I would go with a shinko....
super.gif

I have a 190 on the rear and I have about 50 passes on it at the track and about 4000 road miles and it is still in good shape if you want a good tire that wil hook up on just about any surface I would go with a shinko....
super.gif

But do they corner well? The ones I have look like tractor tires..
biggrin.gif

(DR1300R @ Feb. 21 2007,10:39)
(Cykill @ Feb. 21 2007,09
zzwhip.gif
) Alot of people use them and like them. i've not used the personally, but i'm a twisty type of guy so they don't really fit my needs. the 200series i see on Busa's all the time
So there no good in the twisties?
rock.gif

Thats what My Busa came with and headed for the gap Bash, think I'll be ok.

Not sure what model they are..
Not the same tire Doyle.

Last year I had Metzeler M1s

This year, I've got Shinko Ravens (009)

I'll have to go look at the mileage, but I prolly have 1000 miles on them and they don't even look worn yet. So far, I'm happy with them.

They don't heat up as quickly as the M1s, but once they heat up, I haven't had any issues.

I have a buddy that sells them to the local yuts. They're cheap, but apparently don't hold up well. Everytime I'm talking with the one guy he's putting a new one on. I don't think they're rated for the Busa either. But that all depends on your riding style. Is he really saving money
rock.gif

Most Shinkos will work good on street and strip. The life expectancy is not long though. But, they do hook up on the street and strip. If you need them to hook on the street....you will have to get it really hot due to the lack of rubber on the road.

The Ravens served me very well...until I binned the Busa in October. At the time I crashed, I had over 10K on them and they still had at least another 2K left.

Shinko bought out Yokohama about 8 years ago.

I've written quite a bit about them in other threads...try a search and you should find them.

Back