Tomahawk tires

c-notefosho

Registered
Does anyone have anything positive to say about the tomahawk tires for the busa? Im thinking about a set and needed some feedback from my fellow busa riders.

Does anyone have anything positive to say about the tomahawk tires for the busa? Im thinking about a set and needed some feedback from my fellow busa riders.
The colors are pretty? (sorry, nothing else positive to say for those rim protectors.)

Is it the latest issue of Sprtrider that just rails on them?

The colors take gay to a whole new level. And I can't think of anything more stupid than putting retreads on a motorcycle...those things are made for gay Darwin Award Candidates.
smile.gif

The colors take gay to a whole new level.  And I can't think of anything more stupid than putting retreads on a motorcycle...those things are made for gay Darwin Award Candidates.
smile.gif
lmfao ......that aint right .c-notefosho, if you want something like them your probly on your own. people are more likely to go with hard or soft. on tires .

get yourself some bt014s or m 1s .or just keep the 56s all good stuff . all wear out fast on theese bikes.some guys like avons for wear.i dont know about those as i have not tried them.the ones i speak of are busa spec.

<!--EDIT|rob t
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140927125 -->

Retreads on a busa would be a no no for me. What part of KC you live in?

I had a rear tomahawk T3 on my TL and Busa with no problems. Tread life has been the best I've ever observed on MC tires. Grip was never an issue execpt they are not that great in the wet. Handling was the downfall because the tire is simply a little flatter that most. As far as the D208's, they are trash from my experience with the d207 and my friend's d208. They are by far the worse tire I've run, refereing to the dunlops. Try shinko if you are looking for a bargain.

Go here:

http://store.azmusa.com/shink.html

I have been running on BT56s for almost two years... not the same set of course, but they work good for me.

Front will last as long as 2 rears. Unless you're a professional rider that can exceed the limits of the stock 56's, there's no need to replace the front before its time. The 56 is an excellent tire, replace the rear with another one. When it wears down the front will be due for replacing and then you can get a fresh pair of whatever brand you want.

Back