Shinko Tires

Again, I think it come down to what you have experience with and what you feel comfortable with! I've been using Michelin for years and I personally love the PP 2ct....that's what I grew up riding (well those and Bridgestone) and that's what I feel comfortable with. I know how they react to temperature, rain, etc. If you're brave enough to try another tire, then more power to you....if you don't have enough money to buy the tire you like, then try a new tire....ride it until you're comfortable to test it to it's limits and who knows? Maybe it'll be your next favorite tire! IMO I don't care if they cost $85 or $500, I like to ride with what I have proven myself. I cannot comment on Shinko because I have no experience with them but if that floats your boat, who am I to say you are wrong?

:huh2:

I must be really confused....I have Dunlop Qualifier (front) and a Roadsmart(rear) on my 06 and I have a Shinko Soft (front) and drag (rear) and also a set of Bridgestone 16's for my 05.
:banghead::lol::beerchug:

I must be really confused....I have Dunlop Qualifier (front) and a Roadsmart(rear) on my 06 and I have a Shinko Soft (front) and drag (rear) and also a set of Bridgestone 16's for my 05.

OMG...you are so screwed up!!!! jk.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

According to the posts above you and me will meet upside down....especially if my pp 2ct haven't warmed up yet! lol:moon::lol:

Test drove on the shinko ravens yesterday for about 4 hours. I have absolutely zero complaints. They are very confidence inspiring tires. They never once broke loose all day. Acceleration, cornering and braking, all fantastic. The bike felt like it was on a rail in the corners. I had no problem dragging my knee or shoe. Depending on how long they last, I will definitely be looking to purchase them again.

I think "confidence inspiring" is a very accurate term. I've been thinking about why I feel so comfortable on my bikes with Ravens and it isn't that I'm going to be able to take corners tighter, I know for a fact that they don't turn as quick. What I do feel absolutely is that they are 100% linear and will take a very predictable arc through a corner that I can trust with confidence to setup how I take each corner.

So without wanting to start up the flame war again, I feel that the Ravens make ME a safer rider because I feel very comfortable with what they are going to do.

I think "confidence inspiring" is a very accurate term. I've been thinking about why I feel so comfortable on my bikes with Ravens and it isn't that I'm going to be able to take corners tighter, I know for a fact that they don't turn as quick. What I do feel absolutely is that they are 100% linear and will take a very predictable arc through a corner that I can trust with confidence to setup how I take each corner.

So without wanting to start up the flame war again, I feel that the Ravens make ME a safer rider because I feel very comfortable with what they are going to do.

The best you've riden is the best you know! :thumbsup:

I put my raven front back on a couple of months ago( I run them in the winter because of the long wear ) after wearing wearing out my angels. The front feels better to me than the pirelli's. I've run lots of different brands and I have no problems with them. Matter of fact, I was dragging a knee yesterday at 85 with no hints of slipping. I know myself that I don't have the ability to out ride these tires. If I could have two sets of tires to run, I would own the ravens for my weekly riding and some Q2 for my weekend mountain trips. Ravens for tire wear and wet weather(best I've used). Q2's for the added grip and lean angle. I agree that the added insurance of the extra grip is nice to have in an emergency but I can't afford to change tires every month and a half. Just my .02

11 pages and nothing has changed.....people that use Shinko's relating thier experiences, and people with no experience using them....pretending to have knowledge of these things.

11 pages and nothing has changed.....people that use Shinko's relating thier experiences, and people with no experience using them....pretending to have knowledge of these things.

And also downing or trying to characterize the people that do use ravens to justify their pointless argument... Who cares they are tires. These threads are as annoying as oil threads.

Got my fifth set in today, have been using shinko's for years with no failures. My new to me busa had an almost bald rear tire and a near new pilot power 2ct front and I am swapping out anybody want to buy a nearly new 2ct cheap? Price is a small factor in the reason why I buy these tires, the 005 is the best all around performer of any tire "I" have ridden. While not the top performer in any one area, solid in all.
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS84MA-2.jpg
:moon:

Congratulations! I just put another set of Ravens on my VFR800 a few weeks back and I'm loving them. So I now have Ravens on my 'busa, my Blackbird & my VFR :thumbsup:

...and with that I leave the floor open for the inevitable barrage of commentary about your fantastic/worthless new tires! :laugh:

How much for that Pilot? They're not bad tires(I've ran a few sets), but if it's cheap enough I wouldn't mind putting it back as a spare.

I went on the Shinko website to have a peek and was surprised. I found not a single dual compound tire. It's becoming harder and harder to find single compound sportbike tires made by any of the big four manufacturers. Even race tires are mostly dual compound, especially the rear. Yet Shinko has not a single dual compound tire.

Does anyone know why? Maybe it's because they are still using the same old technology they purchased over a decade ago? Change the name and the tread pattern and sell em cheap! :thumbsup:

But then, who the hell am I to question cheap tires? Never mind, carry on! :beerchug:

I went on the Shinko website to have a peek and was surprised. I found not a single dual compound tire. It's becoming harder and harder to find single compound sportbike tires made by any of the big four manufacturers. Even race tires are mostly dual compound, especially the rear. Yet Shinko has not a single dual compound tire.

Does anyone know why? Maybe it's because they are still using the same old technology they purchased over a decade ago? Change the name and the tread pattern and sell em cheap! :thumbsup:

But then, who the hell am I to question cheap tires? Never mind, carry on! :beerchug:

:rofl: The tire man! :laugh:

Back