Shinko Tires

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
I was looking to find a tire that will grip well and take some burnout abuse. Different websites seem to say the Shinko is very good, but does anyone have one and how well does it really work?

been through 3 of em so far..... LOVE EM

they make cornering just a little more of a challenge with their wide profile, but HOOK at the strip AND on the street even with a longer arm and they last a long time with some big burnouts. I probably had over 100+ burnouts at the strip and probably 3000 mi of riding on the last one I had.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117550646 -->

What particular model did you have and did you do any rain riding with it? I was looking at the Stealth Semi Slick, 005 Advanced radial, and the 009 Raven Radial. Which one is the best all around tire for wet and dry and long life. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I run the R003 Shinko. Its perfect for both street and strip and it last a long time, I go through two a year and race my bike every weekend.
cool.gif

Just put one on this weekend and it definately hooks up. No long burn out thru 3 gears anymore:)
I break it loose a little but nothing like the stock tire. A little etchy in the corners but still pretty decent in the twisties.

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117575563 -->

003 here, 6" stretch. Hooks good on the track, or concrete street, needs warmed up real good to hook on asphalt. Spins predictably, I don't care about twisties so I have no clue on that.........

the 003 is great for the strip,only so so on the street,i ran them for a long time on my 12,the last front that i put on gave me high speed stability problems,i pulled them both and the rear that i had on the busa

Back