Anyone turbo a gen 3 yet?

Yes they do! Hey Greg. If I do your standalone on my Gen 3. What factory features do I lose?
i dont do anything with engine braking (I use EB display as a boost gauge if running < 10 psi of boost it works great, the lean angle gauge currently gets super noisy when engine is running so i turn that off, i don't use the IMU for direct wheelie control, though traction control serves as wheelie control as when the front tire leaves the ground it slows down while rear is still increasing which causes wheelslip and power reduction to happen. Beyond that not much, cruise, traction control works, quick shifter works however you want it to, you get rolling antilag, and a whole host of other fun options to play with like flexfuel, closed loop fuel control, adding laser ride height sensor, safeties for overboost, lean condition, low oil pressure etc.

cruise control isnt as smooth as the stock ecu, but totally functional.

Setting modes you don't do in that rider set table, but on the main dash screen directly.

Yes they do! Hey Greg. If I do your standalone on my Gen 3. What factory features do I lose?
i sent one to a customer with a turbo build ongoing yesterday, have another ready to ship in a day or two once his laser sensor arrives (SS4luck) who is going turbo end of the year, and started another setup last night for a 500-600hp turbo gen3. Plus Snailspeed (Skip) has had his turbo'd for the last 5-6 months or so and flogs it to death racing it LOL.

i sent one to a customer with a turbo build ongoing yesterday, have another ready to ship in a day or two once his laser sensor arrives (SS4luck) who is going turbo end of the year, and started another setup last night for a 500-600hp turbo gen3. Plus Snailspeed (Skip) has had his turbo'd for the last 5-6 months or so and flogs it to death racing it LOL.
I believe that customer is me :D !!! I was worried about losing wheelie control, so I'm glad to hear all of these things. The antilag gives me butterflies I'm so excited.

I rode my Gen 3 up to RCC a few weeks ago to drop it off. Richard is just the nicest guy. He told me it would be a while, as he had a lot of other things to do, but it's moving along a bit quicker than we both anticipated. I've been intentionally NOT calling him or emailing him to let the man cook, but we did chat for a bit last week and he said it should be on the dyno pretty soon.

Saying I'm excited is the biggest understatement. This is my first turbo busa, and I've wanted one since the Superkaos days.

I'll be sure to share my experience with it when I do get it.

EDIT: should probably include what the build is:

* RCC stage 2
* Maxx ECU via Boost by Smith (happy to see you on the forums!)
* turbo pistons
* flex fuel so I can run E85

Last edited:
I believe that customer is me :D !!! I was worried about losing wheelie control, so I'm glad to hear all of these things. The antilag gives me butterflies I'm so excited.

I rode my Gen 3 up to RCC a few weeks ago to drop it off. Richard is just the nicest guy. He told me it would be a while, as he had a lot of other things to do, but it's moving along a bit quicker than we both anticipated. I've been intentionally NOT calling him or emailing him to let the man cook, but we did chat for a bit last week and he said it should be on the dyno pretty soon.

Saying I'm excited is the biggest understatement. This is my first turbo busa, and I've wanted one since the Superkaos days.

I'll be sure to share my experience with it when I do get it.
Oh hey, awesome you are here!

Rcc posted some pics today

Screenshot_20230726-211847_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20230726-211903_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20230726-211917_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20230726-211934_DuckDuckGo.jpg

yeah i wouldn't recommend doing that LOL. > 300hp stock wheelbase, full boost releasing on a button will definitely do something very exciting.
what about on pump gas lol -- would traction control save me from looping or not so much

what about on pump gas lol -- would traction control save me from looping or not so much
Low boost is where i would start, and not completely WOT, not first gear. On my stock gen3, second gear 5K RPM WOT when I release the button sometimes the front I feel barely come off the ground. TC will start limiting power when front tire leaves the ground as ECU will see wheel slip, but it won't know if tire is an inch or 3ft off the ground. So I would go about it in higher gears, lower throttle lower boost until you get a feel for it.

And if need be, the throttle can be limited based on gear position etc as a pre-emptive limiter to keep TC from being super active etc. Lots of ways to play around with it, I am in Michigan not too far from you I dont think if you want to ride out and log some data and tweak stuff etc.

Back