turbo motor bye bye

SxLxAxVxExN

Registered
So my turbo fun is deff. done and over.
Rod went flying though the case and this is what happened..

Case had a big hole in it, crank is junk, one rod is gone and so is one piston.
so at this point i have the following left if anyone needs anything...
3 good carillo h beam rods, 3 je turbo pistons stock bore still great shape, port and polished head with stainless valves, 60lb springs, stock cams and ape cam sprockets.
Has anyone seen a h beam rod break like this?

carillo.jpg

OUCH~!~

Glad nothing came out towards you~!~

Good luck on the rebuild

i'm curious as well, and could you give us a little more detail on your setup?

I was riding home from a little get together and got on it alittle nothin crazy 80 mph or so and all of a sudden boom. Tune was good in it 11.5 a/f under WOT boost was at 12psi, fuel pressure was up there too on s2k injectors. I don't know what happened one of the rods just broke I guess ???. Not rebuilding nothing, selling all the leftovers and already put a stock motor in the bike and keeping it stock.

did it lock the rear tire up, or did it just go kaboom? i wonder why it popped.

So my turbo fun is deff. done and over.
Rod went flying though the case and this is what happened..

Case had a big hole in it, crank is junk, one rod is gone and so is one piston.
so at this point i have the following left if anyone needs anything...
3 good carillo h beam rods, 3 je turbo pistons stock bore still great shape, port and polished head with stainless valves, 60lb springs, stock cams and ape cam sprockets.
Has anyone seen a h beam rod break like this?

Any pics of the rest of the rod and the top of the piston? Easier to see what may have happened when looking at all the parts,

Richard

I was riding home from a little get together and got on it alittle nothin crazy 80 mph or so and all of a sudden boom. Tune was good in it 11.5 a/f under WOT boost was at 12psi, fuel pressure was up there too on s2k injectors. I don't know what happened one of the rods just broke I guess ???. Not rebuilding nothing, selling all the leftovers and already put a stock motor in the bike and keeping it stock.

Geez sorry to hear that. Its good that you were not doing 150mph when it went but i know it pisses you off really bad to think you snapped a rod at 12psi and at 11.5A/F!!!!

Oil pressure - oil pressure - oil pressure

I am almost sure that if you browse on your crank so the blue has been a rental and then it locked itself, and thereby break the rod care
The oil is probably also a gold film on the surface

Back