Wossner turbo pistons, h-beam rods

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
WOSSNER TURBO PISTONS

Powerhouse Motorcycles now has Wossner turbo pistons in stock for the Busa. These pistons from Germany are gas ported, come with .180" wall pins, and have a moly coat treatment on the skirts. They are 9:1, and much better than anything we have used to date. $550/set of 4

We also have their H-Beam rods in stock: made from the same material as Carrillos, they come with 3/8" ARP L19 bolts . . .

wossnerturbos.jpg

wossnerrods.jpg

how much for rods? I know you are a person with a lot of experience,but in your personal opinion why your pick Wossner Turbo Pistons like option #1 ?

Are you running those pistons in you personal turbo busa?

Thanks for your advise.

how much for rods? I know you are a person with a lot of experience,but in your personal opinion why your pick Wossner Turbo Pistons like option #1 ?

Are you running those pistons in you personal turbo busa?

Thanks for your advise.

The rods are $850 a set, and yes, I am running these pistons in several of my personal turbos, all of which make between 580-600 rear wheel. I have also used these in many customer builds.

Why? Because nobody else has anything out there that IMO is any good. I had been a JE dealer for ten years and using their turbo pistons in all my personal bikes and in customer builds for that long, until I discovered that their pistons crack, even as low as 270 HP. This problem arose when they recently decided to save money by getting their pistons forged by Wiseco. They refused to acknowledge the problem and blamed everybody else for it. They finally recently made a "new design" (in response to the uproar), which if you examine closely you discover it is the same exact defective forging minus some machining. I refuse to sell or use their pistons for anything other than an ashtray. Because of this, I will also not sell or use Wiseco turbo pistons either.

CPs turbo piston design has the wrist pin bore intruding INTO the bottom oil ring. I am not crazy about this at all. And finally, you have MTC - who happen to make great pistons, but their turbo piston is a 13.5:1 finished NA piston that they machine down to 10.5:1 (with .080" spacer installed). Not crazy about this either, on several levels.:poke:

Wossner makes some very nice pistons, and nice rods too. They care about the U.S. market, and John Noonan invites any feedback - he is in touch with his distributors and dealers constantly! Its great to be a dealer for a company that actually cares . . .:cheerleader:

any way to achieve 8:1 or so without a spacer plate using the wossner pistons? or in your opinion is 9 to one just fine?

The rods are $850 a set, and yes, I am running these pistons in several of my personal turbos, all of which make between 580-600 rear wheel. I have also used these in many customer builds.

Why? Because nobody else has anything out there that IMO is any good. I had been a JE dealer for ten years and using their turbo pistons in all my personal bikes and in customer builds for that long, until I discovered that their pistons crack, even as low as 270 HP. This problem arose when they recently decided to save money by getting their pistons forged by Wiseco. They refused to acknowledge the problem and blamed everybody else for it. They finally recently made a "new design" (in response to the uproar), which if you examine closely you discover it is the same exact defective forging minus some machining. I refuse to sell or use their pistons for anything other than an ashtray. Because of this, I will also not sell or use Wiseco turbo pistons either.

CPs turbo piston design has the wrist pin bore intruding INTO the bottom oil ring. I am not crazy about this at all. And finally, you have MTC - who happen to make great pistons, but their turbo piston is a 13.5:1 finished NA piston that they machine down to 10.5:1 (with .080" spacer installed). Not crazy about this either, on several levels.:poke:

Wossner makes some very nice pistons, and nice rods too. They care about the U.S. market, and John Noonan invites any feedback - he is in touch with his distributors and dealers constantly! Its great to be a dealer for a company that actually cares . . .:cheerleader:

helpful info to make a right choice...Thanks:super:

WOSSNER TURBO PISTONS

Powerhouse Motorcycles now has Wossner turbo pistons in stock for the Busa. These pistons from Germany are gas ported, come with .180" wall pins, and have a moly coat treatment on the skirts. They are 9:1, and much better than anything we have used to date. $550/set of 4

We also have their H-Beam rods in stock: made from the same material as Carrillos, they come with 3/8" ARP L19 bolts . . .

View attachment 164484

View attachment 164485
Hello Frank, still have these in stock? How about studs?

Back