Anyone turbo a gen 3 yet?

mysticblu999

Registered
Anyone turbo a Gen 3 yet? Can't believe it's not happened yet. I've had this thing for a year and a half and purposely not riding it so I don't put a lot of miles on it before I turbo it. Any news, anything? I know Richard posted like almost a year ago that he had a Gen 3 but I haven't heard anything else. I'm ready to enjoy my 2022 like it should be with a turbo hanging off the front.

I don’t think so. When I called him, as soon as I said I have a Gen 3 he got annoyed. I kept up beat and expressed gratitude and basically tried to kiss his ass because I’m not trying to ruin it for us all.

The picture he posted a year ago it appeared he just set a plenum on the throttle bodies and the plenum in his picture wouldn’t work on a Gen 3.

October 25th I emailed him and he said:

72D56C75-5166-4845-B0F3-2B7DC4B1A347.jpeg

I do think it’s important to be a good customer. Shops can now choose who they want to work with and putting together a turbo kit for mail order seems like a massive pain in the ass. A local fabricator by me put out this video recently and I’ve wanted to share it on here for a while now but there wasn’t a relevant thread.

I was wrong and will be the first to admit that. RCC has been working on a new kit.

I’ve been in contact with Scott Davis and he told me this today:
B31BE459-5617-41E6-A657-DCD87A14A307.jpeg

I’m going to have a custom kit built with the RCC ultra plenum.

Based on my personal interaction with Richard I don’t want a kit from him because he told me specifically he “would prefer to use the 4 bolt inlet housing vs a v-band”. I’m not going to ask him to do something he doesn’t want to do. That’s my experience and I’m happy for those who have had different experiences with him.

Also I drive a cheap daily car and don’t see how that’s relevant here.

Yeah I want a simple turbo bike again with a small 400 hp turbo for quick spool. I miss the crazy but controllable wheelies in every gear. Stock ecu, stock dash, just a simple turbo bike like I had years ago that a daily rode anywhere. Except this time with an ultra plenum. Just a street bike that I like to tear the road up by myself. Only you crazy people will see it when i put up some pics.

Yeah it's a super ultra with a motec and Aimsport dash. It's been through I don't know how many different set ups. I went full on crazy with it it and miss the simple days of a stage one or stage 2. I'll keep it though, I like to fiddle with it. Iwant to ditch the gt4088 for a gtx or something for 600hp with quicker spool.

So I'm seeing more turbo gen 3s. Now that the stock ecu has been unlocked for tuning. Does it have the ability to do boost fueling like the gen 2 did?

Yeah it's a super ultra with a motec and Aimsport dash. It's been through I don't know how many different set ups. I went full on crazy with it it and miss the simple days of a stage one or stage 2. I'll keep it though, I like to fiddle with it. Iwant to ditch the gt4088 for a gtx or something for 600hp with quicker spool.
Cool bike....get the new G-series ,they are smaller for same power....and earlier boost.

I have gt3582 on my Kawasaki....but like the idea of switching it out sometimes for a gt28....just to be a early boost wheelie machine....lol

So I'm seeing more turbo gen 3s. Now that the stock ecu has been unlocked for tuning. Does it have the ability to do boost fueling like the gen 2 did?
No, Gen2 Busa was the only one we worked on it for. The GEN2 Busa file can also be uploaded into and used on an 07/08 gsxr1000, with some tweaks.
Probably wont see any further development of boost fueling/ ignition on anything else.
Best option for a boosted application is Greg Smith's Maxxecu plug and play. Retains most of the OEM features with the dash, cruise, mode selection, etc. There are certainly other options, but they pretty much all bandaids really and sort of a shame to use on a brand new "high tech" bike.
John

That sucks! I was hoping it would be like the gen 2. I wonder if Power commander will make one with boost fueling like they did a few years ago. I need to talk to greg anyway. i just ordered his air compressor kit for my super ultra and I need to ask him what I can do for boost by gear. I've always wanted that.

That sucks! I was hoping it would be like the gen 2. I wonder if Power commander will make one with boost fueling like they did a few years ago. I need to talk to greg anyway. i just ordered his air compressor kit for my super ultra and I need to ask him what I can do for boost by gear. I've always wanted that.
if on a Gen2 you can use ecu editor for gear based boost control (single solenoid), its not fancy, nor really easy to adjust on the fly for drag bikes etc., but for gear based control on a street bike hard to beat it.

it will be interesting to start seeing turbo gen3s on stock ECU or power commander and how that goes. From what I know so far, the stock ecu is pretty temperamental and likes going into limp modes for various reasons. I agree with John on MaxxECU, however I am EXTREMELY BIASED LOL

if on a Gen2 you can use ecu editor for gear based boost control (single solenoid), its not fancy, nor really easy to adjust on the fly for drag bikes etc., but for gear based control on a street bike hard to beat it.

it will be interesting to start seeing turbo gen3s on stock ECU or power commander and how that goes. From what I know so far, the stock ecu is pretty temperamental and likes going into limp modes for various reasons. I agree with John on MaxxECU, however I am EXTREMELY BIASED LOL
Hi. Have you looked into the MAXX Racs H20 yet?

I've wired about 70 maxx ecus, couole were h20, no different than a standard race from a functional perspective
Hi. Yes I know there was something that was better and it would not breke as the Race would. I think it had some thing to do with the transmiitor. What to you think which is better to go with a dask or an 8 inch tablet. As I can do either one.

Back