Anyone get a stimulus check?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
The amounts being sent are supposed to be based on this or last year’s tax returns. 75K for a single person or 150K for a couple and $500 each for kids. My son and wife with two kids and no jobs or income received just $500. They earn quite a bit and will be getting unemployment insurance though. My out of work but still being paid daughter got a whopping $105. Then there are those whose income has not been affected at all who got the whole $1,200. Doesn’t seem equitable but I’m not sure how else the money could be awarded.

The amounts being sent are supposed to be based on this or last year’s tax returns. 75K for a single person or 150K for a couple and $500 each for kids. My son and wife with two kids and no jobs or income received just $500. They earn quite a bit and will be getting unemployment insurance though. My out of work but still being paid daughter got a whopping $105. Then there are those whose income has not been affected at all who got the whole $1,200. Doesn’t seem equitable but I’m not sure how else the money could be awarded.
I got mine for the full amount of me and my 3 kids, I was out of work but was getting 20 hours emergency pay and thr company fronted me 80 hours of PTO time I have to pay back to keep my 40 hour checks coming. I was somewhat forced into going back this week but strongly considering taking a lay off at this point because we have a lot of younger kids working in our parts dept and none of them seem to be taking any of this seriously. They're doing curbside service fir parts and machine drop offs and none of the employees are wearing masks or gloves, aside from myself there's only 3 other people out of about 50 or so that are wearing any kind of mask and 2 of them are delivery drivers that aren't there most of the day.

My son's got their's . 1200 each but ones out of the Marines in school full time , and the other is still in the Marines . He earns about 17,xxx currently a year. Many coworkers have paid . My wife , and I not yet due to some IRS needing routing # for account .

Wife read less than 198,000 for a married couple was $2400 . We have lost just enough hours at work that if things went back to normal right now it would cover the 5 to 10 hours lost every week by each of us for the last 3 weeks . Of course we save , and are quiet fine for now.

Got ours Tuesday, $3400 for family of five, but my oldest is 18 so we get nothing for her. We are paying bills.
Both of us are still working, at home, with no gaps in pay so we're in good shape. I work in health insurance. CA took 58,000 new enrollments of health insurance in 15 days so we're busy with lots of OT.

I've been through this three times. You learn your lesson.

In 2006 when everything collapsed, laid off from job and the industry I was in (mortgage) dissolved. No jobs to even apply for. In 2017, when I had a stroke, told not to do anything for several months, everything just stops. But the world keeps turning around you. We were $40,000 behind in bills within months. Took awhile to catch up. Much better shape this time around.

I got mine for the full amount of me and my 3 kids, I was out of work but was getting 20 hours emergency pay and thr company fronted me 80 hours of PTO time I have to pay back to keep my 40 hour checks coming. I was somewhat forced into going back this week but strongly considering taking a lay off at this point because we have a lot of younger kids working in our parts dept and none of them seem to be taking any of this seriously. They're doing curbside service fir parts and machine drop offs and none of the employees are wearing masks or gloves, aside from myself there's only 3 other people out of about 50 or so that are wearing any kind of mask and 2 of them are delivery drivers that aren't there most of the day.
Stay safe

Got mine. The company I manage supports the trucking industry, so our operations continue as an essential business in the supply chain. My employer kicked in an additional $550/month hazard pay during this time, so that and the stimulus money is extra cash. I was thinking of investing it and some additional savings in stocks that are currently down. Any thoughts on companies you think will have a great turnaround?

We've been lucky. I'm retired military and work at Lowe's, Wife's an RN, Son works on Wind Turbine's and Daughter works at a Bank. My daughter was hired only for part time last year and all the full time workers are now on part time too.

I really feel for all those affected by this Crap !

Last edited:
Just to give you guys an idea of how it works here in NZ, I’m getting $585 before tax per week from the Govt and that is topped up by my annual leave to 80% of my 40 hour wage, that keeps being paid for the duration of the lockdown. And bear in mind, everything is shut here except supermarkets, gas stations and medical facilities.
That’s how it goes for employees that are not working during lockdown.
I have a mate that is a self employed painting contractor and the Govt just sent him a check for $7020. That is to cover 12 weeks of no work during lockdown, calculated at $585 x 12 weeks.
There’s no means testing either, so even if you are loaded with cash in the bank, you still get the payments.
Even if he starts working earlier than 12 weeks, he gets to keep the full amount and doesn’t have to pay back the balance.
beneficiaries (unemployed, sickness, etc)got an extra $105 a week as well.
So NZ is doing OK I guess.
Our system is quite different than the US.
The poor here are not as poor as your poor....
And the rich here cannot even hold a candle to your rich lmao!

Back