Anybody have a vivid dream...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Man I had a vivid dream of going 80-90 mph into an oncoming sweeper when suddenly I came upon all sorts of dirt and gravel in the road...next thing I knew I was sliding down the road (thank God I was wearing my gear...lol
laugh.gif
). I had just passed a bunch of traffic so knew they had to have seen me and would stop short of hitting me. I popped up with a limp, got to the side of the road and went back to find my bike already getting dragged onto the back of a flat-bed. I specifically remember thinking I hope the bike is "totalled" so I could get a new 08'.
laugh.gif

That was the closest I've had to personally experience a wreck in a looong time. Kinda' freaky.

laugh.gif

Honestly,
Park your bike for a few days... I have only ever had one dream about crashing; it was in mid April of 2007.

Not saying that you have to believe in that sort of thing, but...

Just my .02

At the very least, take it easy for a little while.

A lot of my dreams either come true or something/someone significant from that dream will appear the following day.  I wouldn't ride for a few days like MC Mustang said.

Honestly,
Park your bike for a few days... I have only ever had one dream about crashing; it was in mid April of 2007.

Just my .02

No kidding, Shawn. Makes you think about SIGNS. I may be installing Yosh CF R-77 cans on a friend's 08' sometime this weekend so maybe I'll just keep the bike on lockdown.

Honestly,

Just my .02

No kidding, Shawn. Makes you think about SIGNS.  I may be installing Yosh CF R-77 cans on a friend's 08' sometime this weekend so maybe I'll just keep the bike on lockdown.
Take all of the keys to the bike and put them in an envelope. Seal said envelope and address it to yourself. Take said envelope to the post office and hand it to the snarling clerk. Ask for postage and then walk away from the counter WITHOUT said envelope. Really what Shawn said. Better to be safe than starting a post about your crash. If you ride, ride safe. The famikly here cares.

I've never had a dream like that. Mine was a dream of what happened the night prior. Wasn't good as I was having it while asleep in ICU.

I do get "bad feelings" and refuse to ride the bike for a few days because of them.

I had this dream the other night, not exact same scenario, but you get the idea. Well low and behold, guess what happened last nite !!! I didnt wreck it persay, but I did at the same time. I was coming home like I always do and pulling into the back yard like always. I was going a little too fast to turn the corner in the grass, grabbed the front brake and Whammo, next thing I know i'm on the ground looking up saying what the fugg just happened. I only got some bruised ribs out of it and sore ego, but it was still scary as all get out.

I woke up from my crash and thought I was dreaming does that count?

I dreamed the handlebars / grips wouldn't stay on my bike... man that thing was a Bish to ride!!

Sorry.. I have weird dreams.... I never wrecked in the dream...somehow!

how about not being able to reach the handlebars? oops flashback to little kid...

I have flying dreams all the time.

Last night I flew over the White House and saw GeeDubya and D!ck Cheney in the kitchen thumb-wrestling over who would get the say on whether oil prices would go to $300 dollars a barrel before elections.

Tonight I am flying to Venezuela,, pick up a few Cuban chicks.

ThumbsUp.gif

When I woke up this morning I was ready to hang myself, I diddent know how I could go on living without my true love, Betty Busa.

It was a dream I had last night that she got stolen, she had been raped by a thief.

It still seemed real and vivid when I woke up.

Thank god it was only a dream.
thumb_up.gif

Honestly,

Just my .02

I know this sounds odd, but yeah I agree with MC.

I've even aborted rides last minute because of a bad or odd "Vibe". Pretty sure it saved my life twice in Tampa, no foolin. That little voice is not something to disregard lightly or off hand.

Some times I would wait for a few minutes to see if it went away or was just some weird passing thing. But yeah there's been more than a few times where I am all set to ride geared up and bike warming where I just stop in my tracks, pull the bike back in get out of my gear and take the car....
whistling.gif

I don't place any stock in the religious fairy tales of the world, but I am a big believer in the idea that everything we are and everything we do is related and interconnected. Understanding when you are "forcing" something is where you get hurt and bad things happen. So yeah I place a bit of faith those weird "feelings".

Not really a vivid dream about it but the night I crashed I had that "feeling". I was sitting in the driveway waiting for a friend and felt like I should be staying home. I left anyway wearing my mesh and madeit about 1/4 mile and told my friend I needed to go back and get my leather jacket for some reason. Well about an hour later I was on shoulder of the road crawling to me feet. Listen to those "gut feelings". They are the Universe's way of telling you things.

Not really a vivid dream about it but the night I crashed I had that "feeling".  I was sitting in the driveway waiting for a friend and felt like I should be staying home.  I left anyway wearing my mesh and madeit about 1/4 mile and told my friend I needed to go back and get my leather jacket for some reason.  Well about an hour later I was on shoulder of the road crawling to me feet.  Listen to those "gut feelings".  They are the Universe's way of telling you things.
Then the thought of "Well if I didn't turn around and go home to get my leather jacket, I wouldn't have been in this situation."
rock.gif

I think that way all the time, if I get a ticket for a red-light and minutes before I got that ticket my wife delayed me a few seconds by asking me something..... then I wouldn't have been in that situation. Stupid things like that run through my head.
banghead.gif

Drop the key and step away from the motorcycle. I agree that it's probably wise to just walk away from the bike for a day or so. Go with your gut instincts.

with all the stuff we read about, and seen happen in the last few months, its a wonder that everyone is not having those kind of dreams....like MC said take it easy for awhile, those dreams will go away....

I have those dreams all the time...just had it again 3 days ago.
My dream was in a gentle left hand turn near the end of a guard rail...hit the rail and the bike went "somewhere" as I landed in the marshy grass....for some odd reason tho the bike I was riding was red....so it wasn't my busa.

It's really no surprise though given the number of riders that seem have "mis-haps" in my immediate proximity.

the one on the cherohala (sp?) was the first for julie...and she watched the stuff go everywhere and later asked how the hell we got stopped.

actually, I picture it happening when I ride too...but it keeps me alert and always planning a "way out" in case something does go wrong.
I think it's more about perspective....having been down many years ago, I know my limits, and having friends that go down....you learn to ride "with" someone, and not "against" them...you never know when they are at their limits.
beerchug.gif

I have those dreams all the time...just had it again 3 days ago.
My dream was in a gentle left hand turn near the end of a guard rail...hit the rail and the bike went "somewhere" as I landed in the marshy grass....for some odd reason tho the bike I was riding was red....so it wasn't my busa.

It's really no surprise though given the number of riders that seem have "mis-haps" in my immediate proximity.

the one on the cherohala (sp?) was the first for julie...and she watched the stuff go everywhere and later asked how the hell we got stopped.

actually, I picture it happening when I ride too...but it keeps me alert and always planning a "way out" in case something does go wrong.
I think it's more about perspective....having been down many years ago,  I know my limits, and having friends that go down....you learn to ride "with" someone, and not "against" them...you never know when they are at their limits.
beerchug.gif
I bet you do H....you've witnessed enough accidents "up close" to have those engraved in your brain. Kinds makes me worry about riding with you...may need to buy a rabbit's foot key chain before we head out next time.
laugh.gif

When I saw you post up I thought, "Oh crap, he's gonna hit me up about a ride tomorrow."

Looks like rain all day anyway. How about Sunday?

Back