ever dream within a dream?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Have you EVER dreamed within a dream? Edgar Allen Poe wrote "Dream within a Dream" long ago, but I wonder if it was a cool idea for fiction, or something he experienced. Also, I've never read that book, but the premis has always facinated me. After watching Vanilla Sky, The Matrix, and The Thirteenth Floor too many times, I'm wondering if it is even possible to be asleep dreaming, and in that dream to fall alseep and dream of something else... and how would you know to remember if that did happen?

My dreams are vivid, alive, exciting, realistic, and usually very crazy. There's big pleasure in waking up and remembering a lot of detail in dreams that hold no threads in reality. But, I do no think I have ever dreamed WITH IN a dream.

Do you?

YES, I also dream vividly. Id have had dreams in a dream usually it's the kind that you realize your dreaming in your dream. Then I wake up but I'm still in my dream. dreaming in my dream.

What I always like is KNOWING I'm dreaming while I'm still dreaming. Then you can do anything you want. It's sooo cool.

Can not recall dreams within dreams(still on my 1st cup of coffee)...My favorite is when you are dreaming...wake up...move around etc...and snuggle back to sleep and go right back to the same dream you were having !!!!

YES, I also dream vividly. Id have had dreams in a dream usually it's the kind that you realize your dreaming in your dream. Then I wake up but I'm still in my dream. dreaming in my dream.

What I always like is KNOWING I'm dreaming while I'm still dreaming. Then you can do anything you want. It's sooo cool.
ok, you just triggered something in me. I recall dreaming, waking up but realizing I was not REALLY awake, and thinking, "Wow! I'm still asleep but fully conscious. i can do impossible things now because I'm still dreaming..." so I think i DID have a dream in a dream. cant remember any of it though. cool!

Have had dreams within dreams before. As I get older, I find it more difficult to remember my dreams. I think it comes partly from having fewer real concerns in my life. In other words, I'm more and more at peace as a grow older.

--Wag--

Can not recall dreams within dreams(still on my 1st cup of coffee)...My favorite is when you are dreaming...wake up...move around etc...and snuggle back to sleep and go right back to the same dream you were having !!!!
yeah cool! I've done some work on PRACTICE DREAM MANIPULATION and it works. ive been able to dream about what i wanted to, or continue a dream over a few days time.

hey, it's 7 hours we're physically dead... might as well have some fun with it
biggrin.gif

Have had dreams within dreams before. As I get older, I find it more difficult to remember my dreams. I think it comes partly from having fewer real concerns in my life. In other words, I'm more and more at peace as a grow older.

--Wag--
interesting. i'm the opposite: the more clear and happy I am, the freer i am to dream stuff. i've stopped having nightmares thank to avoiding all TV and news, and twisted movies. now it's all cool, fun dreams.

Dreams occur during REM SLEEP which happens a few times every night. studies claim everyone dreams, but state it is not always easy to remember them. HALF my fiction and creativity is based on the random acts of dreams [Stephen King mading a good living out of it[ so I like to remember what went on in the noctural theater. i'm gonna buy a dream recorder to put next to my bed so i can wake up and dictate everything before it fades. free entertainment!! hhahahahha

it's cool how one can dream a whol days worth of action within a few minutes. i've woke up mid dream, realized i didnt have to get up quite yet, drifted back off and continued the dream for hours, yet woke up MINUTES LATER!! cool stuff
dream_a_z.jpg

My hat goes off to all of you! I'm lucky if I can remember 1 dream a week. Ussally I go to sleep and just wake up. It sucks and I really wish I could remember my dreams.

Ever fall asleep in a dream? That's some of the best sleep to be had. To say your in a deep sleep when that happens is an understatement.

I always dream pretty vivid and a large percentage of time I have dejavu of my dreams.. But whenever I dream within dream meaning, I think I just woke up but then wake up from that, it's usually unbelievably scary.. Hasn't happened in a while tho

Have you EVER dreamed within a dream?  Edgar Allen Poe wrote "Dream within a Dream" long ago, but  I wonder if it was a cool idea for fiction, or something he experienced.  Also, I've never read that book, but the premis has always facinated me.  After watching Vanilla Sky, The Matrix, and The Thirteenth Floor too many times, I'm wondering if it is even possible to be asleep dreaming, and in that dream to fall alseep and dream of something else... and how would you know to remember if that did happen?  

My dreams are vivid, alive, exciting, realistic, and usually very crazy.  There's big pleasure in waking up and remembering a lot of detail in dreams that hold no threads in reality.  But, I do no think  I have ever dreamed WITH IN a dream.

Do you?
Wow! My favorite poem and poet! Other than all I see or seem, I can't say that I have ever had a dream within a dream.

I read somewhere about a tribe called the Zuni that practiced control over their dream. I praticed a form of dream control along time ago and had some beautiful full color dreams. It was pretty exciting!

My hat goes off to all of you! I'm lucky if I can remember 1 dream a week. Ussally I go to sleep and just wake up. It sucks and I really wish I could remember my dreams.
It's actually pretty easy to remember your dreams.

Just as you are comfortable and ready to drift off, say (in your mind) "I will remember my dreams" 10 times. Do this each night and usually within a week or two you will start remembering. It also helps to write them down when you wake, or do as WWJD does and dictate them to a voice recorder for later recall.

The human mind is capable of some pretty interesting things.

they are always saying how powerful the human mind is..i wonder if our dreams are ever telling us something important. reminds me of the O.T. when kings would have future telling dreams..these however were from God and had purpose of HIS own but maybe our could be telling us something SOMETIMES.
winkold.gif

ok, you just triggered something in me.  I recall dreaming, waking up but realizing  I was not REALLY awake, and thinking, "Wow!  I'm still asleep but fully conscious.   i can do impossible things now because I'm still dreaming..."  so I think i DID have a dream in a dream.  cant remember any of it though.  cool!
talking about impossible things....for some reason everytime i realize im dreaming i always want to fly..

but for some reason its hard..i tell myself im dreaming i can do anything even though i do fly it isnt easy.

hahahahaha I feel that. I've had some dreams of partial flying... in one dream everyone had hover boards that were mind controlled by tensing your brain muscles... and I figuered out how to float higher after some practice. Other times I've been able to hover and soar just above the trees but no higher again by tensing my brains - you know, tensing your inner head muscles until it makes the soft "thunder" type sound in your ears? - but those were a lot of fun and it was SO REAL I woke up thinking I'd found the trick to telekinetic anti-gravity, but I tried it and almost gave myself a headache!
biggrin.gif

hahahahaha  I feel that.  I've had some dreams of partial flying... in one dream everyone had hover boards that were mind controlled by tensing your brain muscles... and I figuered out how to float higher after some practice.  Other times I've been able to hover and soar just above the trees but no higher again by tensing my brains - you know, tensing your inner head muscles until it makes the soft "thunder" type sound in your ears? - but those were a lot of fun and it was SO REAL I woke up thinking I'd found the trick to telekinetic anti-gravity, but I tried it and almost gave myself a headache!  
biggrin.gif
rofl.gif
ive woke up a little confused with reality before but that takes the cake
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
HA thanks to this thread last night i accidentally had one of my dreams that i realize in the middle of it that this MIGHT be a dream...so i pull over my suv get out (wondering if im gonna look like a foul cause i couldnt tell for sure if a dream or nt) reluctantly put my hands up (like superman)
laugh.gif
....lift off

if anyone else has realized your dreaming in your dream you know how cool it is.

if you want to go race that guy again or race some cops for fun...you can and not get in trouble. the best part is everthing is still very vivid and realistic EXCEPT for whatever YOU make not realistic
lurk.gif
brave.gif

Back