Anybody have a Gsxr1100

sony 001.jpg

Thanks for your compliment Six , my last bike was a 1100m , I have had plenty from back in the day ( late '80's and early '90's ) was the heyday for real fast oil burners . Here is a couple of pics of my last bike before I bought the L2 , that 1st pic is me and the 1100m before final setup , it has a vance and hines ss2r pipe and different carbon mirrors and 3 spoke marvics then . The 2nd and 3rd are as it was when I sold it to mate , it had a Akrapovic full system , 5 spoke magnesium Marvics , 6 piston billet calipers with 320 cast iron rotors and littered with titanium fasteners . The bike is sporting lots of 1 off parts from back in the day , from my supercharged 1276cc oil burner streeter to the 9.6 second 1186cc my mate built . I do miss my old 1340cc oil burner , it featurd every axle and engine and chassis full titanium , all fabricated before you could buy any easy !! Only have a pic of the supercharged bike around now .
DSCF0478.JPG

DSCF0802.JPG

DSCF0836.JPG

Thanks for your compliment Six , my last bike was a 1100m , I have had plenty from back in the day ( late '80's and early '90's ) was the heyday for real fast oil burners . Here is a couple of pics of my last bike before I bought the L2 , that 1st pic is me and the 1100m before final setup , it has a vance and hines ss2r pipe and different carbon mirrors and 3 spoke marvics then . The 2nd and 3rd are as it was when I sold it to mate , it had a Akrapovic full system , 5 spoke magnesium Marvics , 6 piston billet calipers with 320 cast iron rotors and littered with titanium fasteners . The bike is sporting lots of 1 off parts from back in the day , from my supercharged 1276cc oil burner streeter to the 9.6 second 1186cc my mate built . I do miss my old 1340cc oil burner , it featurd every axle and engine and chassis full titanium , all fabricated before you could buy any easy !! Only have a pic of the supercharged bike around now .View attachment 1586970

View attachment 1586971

View attachment 1586972
Had a 92 GSXR 1100 blue and white smashing bike took it to the Bikefest 17 in Killarney Co Kerry parked up a crowd gathered round me Spend an hour answering questions about it I got at least 10 offers from people wanting to buy it and was putting phone numbers into me mobile Went for a stroll came back 5 pieces of paper with phone numbers and askin is it for sale stuck on the bike I eventually sold the bike to a Suzuki fanatic in Dublin he was lookin for an original 1100m for years could not find one made a lot more than I paid for it bought the 09 gen 2 but the oilboiler 1100 s a top class bike

Thanks for your compliment Six , my last bike was a 1100m , I have had plenty from back in the day ( late '80's and early '90's ) was the heyday for real fast oil burners . Here is a couple of pics of my last bike before I bought the L2 , that 1st pic is me and the 1100m before final setup , it has a vance and hines ss2r pipe and different carbon mirrors and 3 spoke marvics then . The 2nd and 3rd are as it was when I sold it to mate , it had a Akrapovic full system , 5 spoke magnesium Marvics , 6 piston billet calipers with 320 cast iron rotors and littered with titanium fasteners . The bike is sporting lots of 1 off parts from back in the day , from my supercharged 1276cc oil burner streeter to the 9.6 second 1186cc my mate built . I do miss my old 1340cc oil burner , it featurd every axle and engine and chassis full titanium , all fabricated before you could buy any easy !! Only have a pic of the supercharged bike around now .View attachment 1586970

View attachment 1586971

View attachment 1586972
Hey toad, who's supercharger kit did you have? I had a simms and rohm blower on an oil burner many years ago. Still have the scar on my leg from the belt....

Never had a GSXR but I had an '80 GS1100. Named it Bigs. Great engine but dragged the crap out of the center stand on that bike. It's a shame; it loved to lean but lacked clearance. I doubt the GSXR's have that problem :)

Hey toad, who's supercharger kit did you have? I had a simms and rohm blower on an oil burner many years ago. Still have the scar on my leg from the belt....
Me too , a Simms and Rohm nightmare .... !! This is one of only 2 pics that I have . All titanium axles , suspension bolts , dog bones and rear top engine mounts and engine mount bolts , all fully done and custom made , back in early '90's !!

IMG_20180908_082524.jpg

Me too , a Simms and Rohm nightmare .... !! This is one of only 2 pics that I have . All titanium axles , suspension bolts , dog bones and rear top engine mounts and engine mount bolts , all fully done and custom made , back in early '90's !!

View attachment 1591775
I never could get mine streetable, it idled about 3k. Ran like a scalded dog wide open, but not a fun bike around town. Sounded awesome though. Sold it to buy the busa.

Back