Just pulled the trigger on

Hayabubu

Registered
an 07 all black beauty. I fell in love with the Busa when they first came out and promised myself i'd get one someday! It has 5,400 miles on it.. $8,800. Seems about the going rate on cycle trader? I haven't picked it up yet because it's in the next state over and I need to get a hitch on my truck and just bought the SMC-600. Anybody have one of these?
I grew up on bikes.. dirt bikes in the beginning. 65cc Benelli back in the early 70's, Honda SL100, Suzuki TS250, TS400, Kawasaki 750, Suzuki GSXR1100, HD Fat Boy, Honda CR250R Motocross and now a Busa.

So what should I change on my Busa first? Pipes? What's the biggest size tire I can get on it w/o extending swingarm? cheers

At least you are getting the fastest color! Welcome to the board! Here is my black '07......I think. I have to figur out the new picture posting thingy! LOL

07 Busa 023.jpg

Congrats and :welcome: to the madness.

As for black being the fastest color, don't believe everything. It is purely physics. Black absorbs much more sunlight therefore it heats up the plastic and we all know that when things get heated they expand therefore making the black not as aerodynamic as the white limited made in 06. :poke::poke: Now the right wax could offset the expanding plastics however if the white uses the same wax it will be ineffective and will most likely require a TRE. :whistle:

Enjoy!!

Congrats and :welcome: to the madness.

As for black being the fastest color, don't believe everything. It is purely physics. Black absorbs much more sunlight therefore it heats up the plastic and we all know that when things get heated they expand therefore making the black not as aerodynamic as the white limited made in 06. :poke::poke: Now the right wax could offset the expanding plastics however if the white uses the same wax it will be ineffective and will most likely require a TRE. :whistle:

Enjoy!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congrats on the purchase!:thumbsup:

As for the first changes to make, I would tell you to change to SS lines and better pads on the brakes. Then get yourself some HID lights.

Get ready your going to be doing this :laugh: a lot! Ride safe and have fun!!

Welcome to the ADDICTION!! Ride safely and get to know her, she loves to pose for pics when she's not getting her roll on!:cheerleader:

:welcome: to the board.
+1 on the SS braided brake lines and better pads, stock Busa brakes leave a lot to be desired. Pipes are a personal taste I guess, I'm torn between a Yosh system or a Brock's set up.
Anyway, have fun, your gonna love it. Ride safe.:beerchug:

Welcome the oRg, CTA is on to something. We have studied physics extensively and conclusively determined that blue cuts the air the easiest and with all things being equal, will always win. Anyway, cant wait for the pics, and again, welcome to the insanity!:cheerleader: We have cookies and T-shirts.

Last edited:
Back