Just pulled the trigger....

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
My racer friend Brian (Superbike Performance Lab) is a Race Tech trained installer....because of that, and because of how amazing my Race Tech rear shock performs on my Red Busa, I just bought the rear shock for the black Superbyke. Total weight, riding style, track use, etc. is all taken into account in the construction of a custom unit like this. If you've never upgraded your rear shock, you are in for a big surprise when you do it. By far, too many motorcyclists replace their front fork springs and consider themselves having an "upgraded suspension". That simply is only a small part of suspension improvement and leaves out the critical part of balancing the front stuff with the rear stuff!

Just wanted to share that tech point that isn't discussed enough, a bike like the Busa really comes alive with the right suspenders. Doyle

P1000279.JPG

OMG! Between Scott (Isiahstites) and Brian, I'm gettin sucked into a black hole! Just hung up with Brian and now I've decided to....get this....CHROME the rear Eibach spring and annodize the entire shock body BLACK. Probably hard to imagine for everybody else but as I stare at it in the garage and imagine chrome over black on a VERY exposed rear shock (aftermarket swingarm so all is open for viewing) I want to scream! More later. Doyle

:bowdown: Excellent! Sounds amazing. Yes, rear is next on the upgrade list. How will the chrome on the spring hold up? I think it's awesome if it doesn't flake. You could always go chrome body black spring...:whistle:

Doyle, what will this bike be for? I thought you posted that you were putting a 4" over swingarm on this project bike?

I have long been of the opinion that the rear is more important than the front when it comes to suspension upgrades. A fluffed up rear shock makes the throttle feel tied to the rear tire. Takes a lot of the fear out of corner exits.

:bowdown: Excellent! Sounds amazing. Yes, rear is next on the upgrade list. How will the chrome on the spring hold up? I think it's awesome if it doesn't flake. You could always go chrome body black spring...:whistle:

Yeah, really will look at that (flex in the chrome)...my really knowledgable friend says, "heck yeah, it works great". Come to think of it, way back....Girling made higher end motorcycle shocks that had black innards and chrome springs so I know it can be done...I've become a bling ho! Stop me!

Doyle, what will this bike be for? I thought you posted that you were putting a 4" over swingarm on this project bike?

When I had it on the road for a few weeks in August, Willie, I was blown away by how versatile and comfortable the Superbyke was, even for all day fast rides! The reasons the bottom bracketed 0-6" arm is going on is because 1)it's black, bracketed and cool looking 2)its adjustability makes it convertible to both a naked LSR bike and a dragbike (especially when the motor is built to 200 HP, it'll need a longer arm option). 3)It can live at 0" and retain it's overall tiny and lightweight canyon abilities. 4)since the arm doesn't have the OEM big hump on it, you get a great view into where that chrome and black shock will live so that will be a million dollar view to the eye! 5) and finally, like the licence plate says, these mods fit right into the "one off" motif. Hope that answers your question. Doyle

I have long been of the opinion that the rear is more important than the front when it comes to suspension upgrades. A fluffed up rear shock makes the throttle feel tied to the rear tire. Takes a lot of the fear out of corner exits.

Thanks for the "back up" Steven, well said.

Back