Anybody "Been There" and has advice?

wharthog3

Donating Member
Registered
Hey .Org

So I don't really know how to express everything I'm thinking in print that makes sense.

I guess the best way to describe it is I have an "anger" growing inside me. I feel consumed by it and I don't know what to do.

I was hoping some of you have "been there" or know someone that has and could point me in a direction, because right now I'm just sitting still.

I can't find a justification for being angry ALL the time, but I am. I don't have a valid reason for it either, which just makes me more mad at myself.

I have a good job (stressful, but its called work for a reason) I came from a good family, I don't drink, I don't smoke. I have the intellect to know suicide is a ridiculous notion and would never consider it, but I have trouble finding any kind of larger meaning to my existence.

I've heard anger isn't a true emotion, its actually a product of three "root" emotions: hurt, sadness, and fear.

I guess ultimately I just feel alone and trapped in my own head and would like out. Is this depression? I don't know.

Any advice?

Thank you guys.

have your hormone levels checked. Testosterone in particular..

I can give that a shot. Would I get that done at a regular doctor's visit?

That's an interesting suggestion. I just recently started lifting weights/working out regularly.

I haven't seen a doctor for anything in at least 5 years, probably should get an overall checkup.

Two things:

1) Think about God as a solution

if not God then

2) Go to the doctor and see if you can get a prescription for Xanex.

I am at times you might say Anti Social. Sometimes people and/or situations just piss me off. sometimes someone just breathing pisses me off. Doest happen often. but enough.

I have a prescription for Xanex which is an anti anxiety medication. It helps me cope during these times

people in general are not really meant to be as close as our race is becomeing. The population is too much and too many people in one area can cause a lot of us to feel uncomfortable. (too congested)

Then combine that with the level of stress the average person must deal with on a daily basis which far exceeds what a human should experiance and basically it is emotion overload. Sometimes anti anxiety medication is one of the best ways to cope in a society that is forced upon us.

Another option is for you to get away 1 weekend a month by yourself where no one else is around. like camping or something. 1 weekend a month start getting in touch with nature.. just you and trees and calmness away from the stress of this fricken existance.

Hope some of this helps..

Last edited:
Seek help, sounds corny i know. If you look around and everything is good, IE nothing is lacking, Job, bike, friends, activity's ... then there may be a chemical imbalance. If you just feel pissed off over minor things it could be a Rage disorder. All the busa experts on the org can offer solutions to what we think may be wrong but a mental health expert is your best bet. its not always fun talkin to a stranger about personal issues, but they have heard worse and they can offer help in many ways. Please see someone

Thanks for the info.

I guess that's something that worries me, I've always wondered if its a "chemical imbalance" Does that mean that I'll ALWAYS need medication to cope with life? I've heard depression meds can make you into a kind of zombie when it comes to emotion.

If its NOT an imbalance, then, what if its just how I AM? Then what? That's a fear I have, what if I'm just not able to feel ANYTHING.

I feel anger, that's it. I don't get happy, I don't get sad, I'm often indifferent about my surroundings or the people I'm with. I understand when I'm supposed to be sad or when I should feel, just don't sense any real change. I feel numb.

Two things:

1) Think about God as a solution

Thanks Thrasher

I have kind of a twisted in my own head belief system. I feel like an a-hole for wasting God's time with my "complaints". I'm far better off than so SOO many people, so I feel ashamed I guess for being depressed, because I know there is NO GOOD REASON why I should be depressed. I don't lack anything, or want for the basics of life. I have a roof over my head, good physical health, great parents, a good job, and on and on, so I can't bring myself to ASK anything of God, He's already given me everything I need to function. I kind of feel like its up to me to "figure it out" not to ask God for a handout or for pity.

Thanks Thrasher

I have kind of a twisted in my own head belief system. I feel like an a-hole for wasting God's time with my "complaints". I'm far better off than so SOO many people, so I feel ashamed I guess for being depressed, because I know there is NO GOOD REASON why I should be depressed. I don't lack anything, or want for the basics of life. I have a roof over my head, good physical health, great parents, a good job, and on and on, so I can't bring myself to ASK anything of God, He's already given me everything I need to function. I kind of feel like its up to me to "figure it out" not to ask God for a handout or for pity.

God wants us to come to him. in all things. first and foremost.

Satan is whom lays these guilt feelings on us telling us God doesnt want to hear of our petty problems, or we need to stop whining because God has more important things to do.. These thoughts all stem from Satan trying to sever our relationship with God.

I allways try to put things in this perspective, if you have kids it should make sense, if you dont.. well I hope youy can read into it.

If your child whom you loved unconditionally had a problem that you knew you could help with would you want to help them out? or would you turn your back on your child and call them a whiner?

He wants us to ask him for help, he loves us and enjoys helping us. Not wanting to ask God for help stems from pride, and pride is a sin.

Turst me, God wants to help, but he wont force it on you, you need to ask him, part of the whole freewill thing.

Last edited:
1. See a Doctor
2. Pray :please: (Even if its "Lord Please don't let me **** UP)
3. TALK ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!! Friends, Org, Family etc............
4. You are NOT ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!

PM: if You Need a Ear to Talk............

Sometime's there are thing's that we can't understand and get fustrated.I tend to dwell on something untill I get mad about it and then wonder why I'am mad any way.Cindy say's I have anger issues and it is very hard to admit to something and make changes.When people get angry over something and are ok with it an hour later was it worth it?Sometime's it's the people the surround us that can trigger certian emotion.If you work or are aroung negitive people all the time that's no good also.Good luck,I don't want to ramble anymore.By the way God want's to hear from you.He like's all of us.

Have your thyroid checked as well, mine just about shut down(years ago), I was operating in chronic exhaustion, I grew use to it and didnt realize it. It kept me in a chronic bad mood.

find a counselor. If you happen not to like the first one find another. You probably DONT need drugs and only resort to them as a last resort. Depression in men many times shows up much different that women and we deal with in differently. There is a book called: I don't want to talk about it" by Terrance Real see if you can find a copy and give it a look.

The most important thing you need to know is that you don't have to live like this bro. I have been there and I is easy to get to where you are without even realizing it but with a little professional help you can get back to where you want to be.

Feel free to hit me with a pm.
Posted via Mobile Device

you need JESUS!!!! I'm not super hard core religious,but you need him. It doesn't matter what you have that's going well, we always need help. Thank him for all the good and ask him to be with you with this problem. Don't try to do it alone. You should never feel ashamed to talk to him, whether it's because you feel greedy because you have so much or ashamed because you blew up and beat on someone. He always understands. Maybe your problem comes from stress and he could help put you at ease, when you have a problem you should give it to him. It is such a relief to say "God i can't handle this, I need you" But regardless of what advice you take I hope it works out for you, and I'll tell God to be expecting a call.:thumbsup:

Do you have any kind of physical outlet? Do you work out, practice Karate, run, anything? Sounds like you need to unload some stress, and a good hard work out 2 to 3 times a week works great for me.

Jeff,
I don't think talking to an imaginary friend will help things very much. Considering that you have started to hit the gym recently, you may just be feeling the effects of increased testosterone production brought on by exercise. Knowing your age might help us understand you a little but better.
Are you in a relationship of any kind right now?
As men I think we have all dealt with periods of anger and chaos at one time or another. The good thing is that you recognize it so that you can be proactive about it. There is no reason to feel ashamed about it since we all deal with issues like this.
Anger or rage can be brought on by many factors such as metabolic disorders and changes in diet. Have you been eating balanced meals or are you trying to drop weight by restricting calories? Are you taking bodybuilding supplements? How would you describe your exercise regiment?
I would suggest talking to a Doctor about your situation. Maybe they can screen you for diabetes or hormonal issues just to rule them out.

Last edited:

+1 on this for sure allot of times when you start working out really hard your Testosterone levels increase and could be causeing this. I know when I was in the Navy and was working out allot I ran into the same problem.

Last edited:
Imbalance is a good word for what you are experiencing-but I would seriously hesitate to start looking for Genie's in magic bottles, before trying more internal methods to 'fix' your 'problem'-being angered so often, and happy so little.

It sounds like most of your "issues" are mental not physical-if your workout routine has not been overly straining you, I say keep it up, but like always make sure to change things up once n a awhile so your body doesnt get 'bored'...when you shock your muscel tissue w/new movements and techniques every so often it helps 'even' your body out by utilizing all the different muscle fibers needed to do the diff. movements.

Seeing as how I DONT really think your workout is hurting you-I'd concentrate on finding the 2-3things in life that make you REALLY happy (whatever they may be) when you're doing them: and try to do those things at least 2-3 times a week, after work or on your days off; whatever is most convienient for your own lifestyle.

If you spend more time ENJOYING your life and appreciating/reflecting on what you have accomplished with during your years here-I'm pretty sure you will start to feel better mentally, which will help you in the gym as well and hey-nothing's hotter to the ladies than a smart happy guy in shape that doesnt hate himself or his life:thumbsup:
*but I think that guy's name is Peter Pan-dudes like that dont exist:moon:*
we can try and come clost to that tho:beerchug:

good luck bro

Back