Any Used Car Salesman out there?

I'm off today. Wait till tomorrow I'll see if I can find out what it sold for at auction. I think I can.
That'll trip em up eh :)

GM product values fall and Fords don't. Ask yourself why?
Not true.
One can buy a comparably equipped Ford 1/2 ton cheaper than a GM, when selling/trade time rolls around, the price difference remains. Used GM's sell for higher than used Fords.
As far as an Edge being a better product than an Enclave, better is a subjective term. I personally don't care for the Edge's styling, and like the Enclave's looks.
Bottom line is that a person is gonna buy from a salesperson they feel comfortable with, bashing the competition's product ain't gonna help me trust you.

Oh, and from personal experience Ford's heated seats suck hind teat in comparison to GM's. (And that's important where I live!):moon:

None of the above because none of them actually transact in cars. I have always been confused at how websites that don't transact in cars know the value of them?

We use the black book and Mannheim live auction website. Both of these are dealer only info and always lower than the three above. Kelly is always high. People insist on getting this number for their car and simply tell them to scroll down to bottom of page and click on tab that says 'sell to Kelly'. They always reply there is no such thing and that's when I tell them they just made my point. Kelly doesn't buy or sell.
Black book is where its at!!:thumbsup:

Not true.
One can buy a comparably equipped Ford 1/2 ton cheaper than a GM, when selling/trade time rolls around, the price difference remains. Used GM's sell for higher than used Fords.
As far as an Edge being a better product than an Enclave, better is a subjective term. I personally don't care for the Edge's styling, and like the Enclave's looks.
Bottom line is that a person is gonna buy from a salesperson they feel comfortable with, bashing the competition's product ain't gonna help me trust you.

Oh, and from personal experience Ford's heated seats suck hind teat in comparison to GM's. (And that's important where I live!):moon:

Must admit, I don't own a Ford currently, but your logic doesn't work here in Milwaukee. If it did, I'd probably be driving a Ford. The Fords hold their value more here. For good reason too. I've owned both, and GM's quality control just isn't there in the examples I've owned.

Not true.

Heated seats? Who the heck needs heated seats :moon:
It's 74 outside? Why on earth would anyone need heated seats?
The air conditioned seats in an Edge rock! I used them just a bit ago.

Oh, those heated seats come in handy up here (will be below freezing tonight) so don't rub it in that it's warm where you are :moon:

My dad and brother are big Ford fans, so I CANNOT buy a Ford I'd never be able to live it down. I will say that my 2002 Silverado with 190K miles has held up MUCH better than BOTH their newer Fords (both have had to have the blocks opened to get those poorly designed spark plugs out)....

You'd get a kick out of hearing my Dad and I argue over who's truck is better.

I'd throw you all out! Your not good enough to buy cars from me! :)
You and your online buying tips and insider tips and third baseman and mavens and I gotta speak to the wife and we are just looking and yadda yadda yadda......

Keith I would ask you why an Enclave and not an Edge or Lincoln Mkx?
If that's what you decided on than how can I help?
You would end up embarrassed and hospitalized :laugh:

:poke:

Heated seats? Who the heck needs heated seats :moon:
It's 74 outside? Why on earth would anyone need heated seats?
The air conditioned seats in an Edge rock! I used them just a bit ago.
May I refer you to the final text I sent you this morning sir? It applies in this case also......:whistle:

Must admit, I don't own a Ford currently, but your logic doesn't work here in Milwaukee. If it did, I'd probably be driving a Ford. The Fords hold their value more here. For good reason too. I've owned both, and GM's quality control just isn't there in the examples I've owned.
PM sent.

Just to be clear: I'm not knocking Mr BlancaBusa and his desire to promote Fords at all (he can't help how he's been trained:laugh:), my point is that there are good and bad models and good and bad examples of a given model manufactured by all 3 domestic carmakers. Buy a vehicle you like from a person you trust. It's that simple......

I wouldnt sell me a car either Blanca, I have worked every aspect (except sales) when it comes to cars. I pick apart everything lol. I am ford trained as well, ford asset college program

(and trucks I too would only look at ford. Which is y the Ecoboost is in the driveway.)

I wouldnt sell me a car either Blanca, I have worked every aspect (except sales) when it comes to cars. I pick apart everything lol. I am ford trained as well, ford asset college program

(and trucks I too would only look at ford. Which is y the Ecoboost is in the driveway.)

I too am part of the fort asset program... but i have a silverado

Used cars are where the Dealer makes the Most of there Profit. Not Much Profit in a New Vehicle. The Rule of thumb is that if they some how sold you the Vehicle............They made at least 1K in profit if not more. Most Dealers make even More Profit from the GAP and Warranty Coverage that they sell. If you have the cash then go with Owner Sale and stay away from the BLANCA'S of society. Buy a Warranty over the Net and call it a day. Most Owners that See a CASH buyer will Negotiate ther initial asking price if you talk that talk correctly. Don't LOW BALL them first...........That just Pisses them off.

Robert

Not a bad point about private party Bosshound, and anyone with a nice low milage vehicle for sale would be willing to have it looked over at a shop. Our used car inspections weren't any more in depth than the average shop would do. Tune up, brake inspect, tire inspect, drive test, and visual was about it.

Used cars are where the Dealer makes the Most of there Profit. Not Much Profit in a New Vehicle. The Rule of thumb is that if they some how sold you the Vehicle............They made at least 1K in profit if not more. Most Dealers make even More Profit from the GAP and Warranty Coverage that they sell. If you have the cash then go with Owner Sale and stay away from the BLANCA'S of society. Buy a Warranty over the Net and call it a day. Most Owners that See a CASH buyer will Negotiate ther initial asking price if you talk that talk correctly. Don't LOW BALL them first...........That just Pisses them off.

Robert

Exactly. Which is why I'm trying to find out, if possible, what they paid for it and come up with an offer, that while may be on the low side, would not offend them and might be acceptable. This is a well-established used car only company that's been around several years and only sells the "good stuff".

I looked on the net at asking prices for comparable vehicles. Most were in the mid to upper $30k range equipped as you mentioned. I still say you can buy new in that range. I may be wrong :dunno:

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

I sell new and pre owned vehicles at a Nissan dealership... If you know what you are doing you can usually get a new vehicle for about the same if not less than you would pay for a 1 year old. New cars are usually less profitable than used but you can make profit on both. KBB is very high compared to what most customers get, I would have to say edmunds is the closest for accurate trade in.

Back