Any metal heads in here?

CouchRocket

Registered
Am I the only metal head in here? I'm really into the death-doom-black-hardcore-mathcore-metal-core etc..etc. Its funny because I can't recall knowing anyone that rides sport bikes and listens to this stuff. Underground metal etc... has been a huge part of my life since I was very young. I can't explain it because I'm a really happy person with a really nice home, beautiful wife, and bike. I just happen to like the ugliest most violent form of music you have ever imagined. You would never guess it by my looks alone. Its funny because I can go to the filthiest rock club on earth and have a ball. The next day I can go out and ride with some friends and never say a word about it and have just as much fun doing that. I'm strangely enough into lots of other stuff like jazzy jam bands like Medeski Martin and Wood, Critters Buggin, Stanton Moore, Galactic, etc. I can even listen to some hip hop just as long as they arent rapping IE:RJD2, DJ Shadow. So what are you guys into?

I'm into Metallica(old school not to into their new stuff), Iron Maiden, and Slayer. I also listen to a wide variety of music as well from Rap to Dance to Techno.

My favorite type of music is the sound of my busa flyin by the cagers.
super.gif

Check out my brothers band in Seattle. Death metal at its best. Serpensaeon.com. My brother is an unbelievable drummer, to bad thats not quite my taste in music! There are demos on the site, if you want an autographed copy, ill try to help you out.

I like, in no particular order:

Nina Simon
Rob Zombie
Miles Davis
Tom T. Hall
Marilyn Manson
Coal Chamber
Dr. Dre
Saliva
Slipknot
Staind
Dizzy Gillespie
Billie Holiday
50 Cent
NIN
Allison Krause
Bill Monroe
Flatt and Scruggs
Garth Brooks
3 doors down
Metallica
Air Supply
Boston
Nas
CCR

Of course, Manson's 'Antichrist Superstar' is probably one of my favorite albums; right up there with Nas' 'The Lost Tapes,' which almost compares to John Coltrane's album, 'Sketches of Spain...'

You get the idea...
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126067113 -->

SLIPKNOT OR HATEBREED CHOOSE YOUR POISON
laugh.gif
"choose your poison..."
laugh.gif
poison!   ahh the ol' hair bands......
laugh.gif

hehehe

Well, you know, every rose does have its thorn...'cause once you're bitten, you're twice shy...baby...

I don't know why poison made me think of great white, probably something to do with an early onset of male menopause...flash backs (and, oddly enough, hot flashes?), nostalgia, yearning...you know...
smile.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

C'MON I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE CLOSET "HAIR BAND" FANS. I LISTEN TO BOTH NEW ROCK AND THE CLASSICS. CAN'T BEAT IT!

C'MON I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE.  SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE CLOSET "HAIR BAND" FANS.  I LISTEN TO BOTH NEW ROCK AND THE CLASSICS. CAN'T BEAT IT!
Okay...okay... :

Damn Yankees...I just like the big stunt guy sun glasses and the constant manes of hair blowing like hell...pretty cool...

Winger...pretty much anything Kip did rocked...

Bon Jovi...the older stuff, right on...

Warrant...'Where the Down Boys Go...'

Great White...You didn't know how rock-n-roll looked, until you caught your sister with a guy from the group, half-way home in the parking lot, by the look in her eyes she was givin’ what she got...that used to be "the dirty song..."

Tesla...of course, 'Signs..."

Whitesnake...remember, 'Slip of the Tongue...'

Ratt...remember Ratt?...

Slaughter...OMG, who can forget these guys...

Hehe...this is kind of fun...
laugh.gif
I think I need to go to bed now...

While riding, my favorite is Bach's "Well-tempered Clavier." For some reason, I can focus on riding best when I have that going in my background.

But if I'm just cruisin', Rob Zombie is probably my favorite, Marilyn Manson is right up there, NIN is close to the front of the pack, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Disturbed, Styx, Aerosmith, Rammstein, Queen, many others. I like the one-hit wonders, too.

Love that iPod! (Mostly.)

--Wag--

While riding, my favorite is Bach's "Well-tempered Clavier."  For some reason, I can focus on riding best when I have that going in my background.  

But if I'm just cruisin', Rob Zombie is probably my favorite, Marilyn Manson is right up there, NIN is close to the front of the pack, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Disturbed, Styx, Aerosmith, Rammstein, Queen, many others.  I like the one-hit wonders, too.

Love that iPod!  (Mostly.)

--Wag--
Ahhh! I like your list, Wag.
smile.gif

From Mozart to Slayer, with everything in between.

Throw the iPod on shuffle, + sometimes they play back to back
smile.gif

Also got the Richard Pryor box set on there, so every now + then some really funny shid sneaks in...

Back