Any Ford Enthusiasts, My Truck Is Dead. Need Help.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
We came home this morning and I wanted to load some stuff in my truck. Juli and I are going to Big Bear Lake today. My truck is dead as a hammer, nothing at all. Its a 2013 F350. I have a booster charging and I cant seem to find my jumper cables. But besides all of that, what would draw load on the batteries and kill them? The only thing plugged in is my tuner, but I didnt think it drew that much current. It has sat for about 6 weeks in the garage. Up to the day I parked it no issues. Any ideas? I am half afraid to drive it even if I get it started. Thoughts?

Just put a charger on it, truck went nuts, lights and stuff going off, signal blinking. Nothing was on. Disconnected the battery and am trying to charge just the batteries. Hope this works, have a call into the local dealer to see what may be happening.

Just put a charger on it, truck went nuts, lights and stuff going off, signal blinking. Nothing was on. Disconnected the battery and am trying to charge just the batteries. Hope this works, have a call into the local dealer to see what may be happening.
With all the gadgets that vehicles have these days, I bet is batteries. I have a 2013 mustang that I bought used and temps. Dropped into the 50s here in Florida a week after I bought, I've never seen a car do so many crazy things. I'm not going to lie, i was pretty worried that I had been ripped off on the purchase, but after charging the battery enough to start it, all was good. I drove it to the closest parts store and battery failed the load test. I got a new one and all was fine after that. If I was you, I would get the batteries tested and just replace if failed. The dealerships rip you off on battery prices, not to mentioned the long wait for them to do such simple job.

The normal parasitic drain will be enough to drain the battery in 6 weeks.

You may be able to charge it up. If it was mine I would put a new QUALITY battery in and be done.

Fyi low voltage is the reason everything went nuts when you hooked the charger up.

Ok, going to try to charge up enough to start it. Have a 6 amp charger going now.

What FlaglandBusa said. You probably have 2 batteries, replace both. Costly but worth the peace of mind.

If you're going up to Tahoe this winter you'll rest easier knowing you have good batteries.

You might want to try hooking up a battery tender on vehicles not driven for weeks or more. My bikes and my Corvette have them. The computer uses power constantly.

You guys are silly. Left the truck at home this weekend, batteries disconnected and on a 2 amp trickle. Will check them when I get home tomorrow. Wonder if Optima is having a sale?

You guys are silly. Left the truck at home this weekend, batteries disconnected and on a 2 amp trickle. Will check them when I get home tomorrow. Wonder if Optima is having a sale?
Actually if you can hold of till black friday...i think they will be on sale. I can say this from experience you do have a battery issue. Replace both at the same time. Truck that size should have 2.

It does have two. Local auto parts shop has the Optima''s I need.
As it stands now, left the truck on a float charger till I get back to it Thanksgiving.

How many miles are on it?? Sounds like its just time for Batteries!

Back