Any die-hard Stephen King fans here?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I double-purchased his latest book, Doctor Sleep...it's the sequel to The Shining...

Free to a fellow fan :thumbsup:

PA99Busa

Registered
Used to read his books all the time, last one was Hearts in Atlantis. My mother and I both are fans, she's the reason I found out about him in the first place. :beerchug:

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Well, if someone wants this book, just let me know...PM me your address, I promise to not stalk you or share it with Bots :whistle:

PA99Busa

Registered
No, you don't! :) Just paying it forward...

Maybe for all of the other members who want to read this book, once i'm done with it i can send it to the next member? And it can keep getting passed on like the toaster? We should all sign the book somewhere with a date as a token. Good or bad idea?! Lol

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Maybe for all of the other members who want to read this book, once i'm done with it i can send it to the next member? And it can keep getting passed on like the toaster? We should all sign the book somewhere with a date as a token. Good or bad idea?! Lol

Depends on how many SK fans there are...might only make it to 3 members :laugh:

Around here, whenever someone has something they don't need, a lot of times they just give it to another member...I've given away other SK books in the past, pictures, a power commander...several here have given away far more than that. Great group of people we have here, so just jump in and be a part :)

PA99Busa

Registered
Depends on how many SK fans there are...might only make it to 3 members :laugh:

Around here, whenever someone has something they don't need, a lot of times they just give it to another member...I've given away other SK books in the past, pictures, a power commander...several here have given away far more than that. Great group of people we have here, so just jump in and be a part :)

Sounds good haha I'll be sure to help out any way i can. :beerchug:

RedHerring

Registered
I have read it, it is enjoyable enough though not his best work. I am a huge fan of the Dark Tower series though. Love it.

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I have read it, it is enjoyable enough though not his best work. I am a huge fan of the Dark Tower series though. Love it.

Isn't he coming out with another Dark Tower release? Thought I'd read that somewhere...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Tell you what book of his I really enjoyed and was very unexpected for SK was 11/22/63...I absolutely loved it, and it was nothing like his norm :thumbsup:

voodoolord

Registered
Ive read all his work including the Bachman books. Ive probably read each one at least 4 times. Ive read the tower series at least 5 times, Im a fast reader :laugh: I dont know if you guys like scifi / fantasy but I would recommend Peter F Hamilton to anyone who likes good long series with lots of action, horror (the Commonwealth series) really cool ideas, a bit of sex for good measure and excellent plots. I only found out about him about a year and a half ago and have read every book 3 times, Excellent and thats coming from a long time King fan.

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Ive read all his work including the Bachman books. Ive probably read each one at least 4 times. Ive read the tower series at least 5 times, Im a fast reader :laugh: I dont know if you guys like scifi / fantasy but I would recommend Peter F Hamilton to anyone who likes good long series with lots of action, horror (the Commonwealth series) really cool ideas, a bit of sex for good measure and excellent plots. I only found out about him about a year and a half ago and have read every book 3 times, Excellent and thats coming from a long time King fan.

Good to know...thanks!! :thumbsup:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Donating Member
Registered
I enjoy the kings books as well. I really like IT and Dream Catcher i think it was. Though i have enjoyed everything he has written.

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I had the coolest English teacher in high school; he let me read SK books for book reports and I remember doing a report on IT :laugh:

I should read that one again...been a long time...I hear rumor that they're thinking of doing a movie based on the book (this will be a Hollywood release, not like the made-for-TV one they already did years ago), but honestly, I don't like when they turn SK books in to movies. I never like 'em...

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Donating Member
Registered
It is seldom they do a sk book justice as a movie. Though the dream catcher movie wasnt too awful! lol

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmell85