SK fans...

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
I was just reading on MSN that Stephen King is now doing a comic series~ It's about, my personal favorite novel of his, The Dark Tower~ It goes more into detail on Roland's (the lead charactor) life as a young'n~ If nothing else... it'll make a nice addition to the rest of my SK collection~ Thanks to LadyHawk, I've already got the 1st copy on it's way to my door~ Can't wait to check it out!  
smile.gif

I've read all of his novels and pretty much everything he's ever written; making me a "Constant Reader" for sure. This series should be pretty well done
smile.gif
. Another note about King: his son, writing under the name Joe Hill, just released a novel entitled Heart Shaped Box, that's getting great reviews. Sounds like a chip off of the old block
smile.gif

smile.gif

I was reading about his kids in the MSN article~ Looks as though the whole fandamly is into writting~ Aparently his little girl is published also~ Guess I'm gonna have to give Heart Shaped Box a good looking into...
cool.gif

Cool info! Thanks...I'm sure the SK club will be sending 'em my way sooner or later
beerchug.gif

(VaBusa @ Mar. 13 2007,10:01) Cool info!  Thanks...I'm sure the SK club will be sending 'em my way sooner or later  
beerchug.gif
I don't think so...the first comic was released in '06. And we never got one from the club. Maybe because it's a different publishing company...don't know. #2 is out already..and still nothing.

(LadyHawk @ Mar. 13 2007,10:05)
(VaBusa @ Mar. 13 2007,10:01) Cool info!  Thanks...I'm sure the SK club will be sending 'em my way sooner or later  
beerchug.gif
I don't think so...the first comic was released in  '06. And we never got one from the club. Maybe because it's a different publishing company...don't know. #2 is out already..and still nothing.
Really? Hrmmm, they send me EVERYTHING else! LOL Stuff I don't even want, like the yearly calendars...hrmmm, well thanks for that info as well
smile.gif

Yeah, I think the SKL only does hard copies of his books~ We get that daily planner/calender thing to~ Still missing about two or three of his writtings that they just can't seem to send us, but have sent us duplicates of others~ I went round and round with them on that after returning a few books~ I don't think they'll be shipping the comics though... that's more on the Marvel Comics subscribers side of things~
mad.gif

It's cool to see other King fans here. Everything I read in between the releases of his works are just "filler" for me. About the "filler": Dean Koontz, Jonathan Kellerman among a couple others have been suitable temporary replacements......

(Red05 @ Mar. 13 2007,10:39) It's cool to see other King fans here. Everything I read in between the releases of his works are just "filler" for me. About the "filler": Dean Koontz, Jonathan Kellerman among a couple others have been suitable temporary replacements......
Ditto. I've read all the Koontz stuff. I'm on to cop thrillers now. I've found James Patterson to be a good time killer.

Stevie needs to kick it up a notch tho, I need me a good SK fix. A GOOD SK fix. I'm actually in the middle of his latest one, can't finish it..totally bored. "Lisey's Story"....yawn.

The Cell was pretty good. Kinda like The Stand. and the Stand is one of my favorite.

I'll have to read some of James Patterson's stuff. Looks interesting. I actually loved Lisey's Story, but it just shows I've become a big old softy
laugh.gif

(GJoker @ Mar. 13 2007,10:36) Yeah, I think the SKL only does hard copies of his books~ We get that daily planner/calender thing to~ Still missing about two or three of his writtings that they just can't seem to send us, but have sent us duplicates of others~ I went round and round with them on that after returning a few books~ I don't think they'll be shipping the comics though... that's more on the Marvel Comics subscribers side of things~  
mad.gif
I LIKE the calendar thingy!!

Although I don't want to write in it
laugh.gif

I got the first calendar and thought I'd use it, but it just couldn't compete with my sticky notes or scribbles on my redneck palm pilot (my hand), so it was a waste...I sent the last one back for a refund...

I think SK should autograph some of his stuff and send it along...I'm not asking too much!
laugh.gif

(TurboSN95 @ Mar. 13 2007,13:01) "The Eyes of the Dragon" was one of my favorites from him.
Ironic; that one might be my least favorite. I put it down several times before finally reading through it.

(Red05 @ Mar. 13 2007,15:00)
(TurboSN95 @ Mar. 13 2007,13:01) "The Eyes of the Dragon" was one of my favorites from him.
Ironic; that one might be my least favorite. I put it down several times before finally reading through it.
I did too...wasn't captivating for me for some reason...

My favs include Jerusalem's Lot, The Stand, Pet Sematary and IT; actually did a book report on IT in high school!
laugh.gif
I had a cool English teacher and I pretty much told him I'm really only interested in reading SK novels
biggrin.gif

Back