Sad day for Redskin fans

dreamin_of_ridin

a.k.a. Dreamin_of_Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Today is truly a sad day for Redskins fans, the Redskin community and football in general. This morning Sean Taylor, 24 year old Safety for the Washington Redskins, died due to injurys and blood loss resulting from a gun shot wound that pierced his femerol artery.

I have been a Redskin fan for 36 years and Sean has been my favorite player since joining the team. He made some serious mistakes early in his career but, since the birth of his daughter, had changed his life around.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

RIP Sean. We will remember you.

Sean_Taylor2.jpg

Read that earlier. What a shame and a loss. The young guy had a bright future particularly after all of the strife he's dealt with.
Sad day indeed.

Yep, Mike and every other Redskin fan I'm surrounded by are pretty down today
sad.gif

...such a shame to lose a talented player to violence. He was far too young
sad.gif

R.I.P.

sad.gif

I lost track of his career once he was drafted to the NFL, but I was a HUGE fan of his when he was with the Miami Hurricanes. My favorite of his many exciting collegiate plays was when he intercepted a pass against Florida State and ran it back for a touchdown. I still remember being able to spot him on the field because of his iridium-style visor in his helmet.

The fact that he is from Miami and he was shot down here lead to this being the leading story in many of the news reports here. When I first heard it, it was said that he was shot in the leg but had lost a lot of blood. Then I saw a broadcast of his father saying he was answering to the doctors (in terms of squeezing hands on demand and such) and was very responsive.

After hearing this I thought he'd be okay.

Then I woke up this morning and heard the sad news that he had passed.

Damn! Gone at 24 years of age and leaving behind an 18 month old child. I'm becoming more and more depressed just typing this out ...

Rest In Peace Mr. Taylor.

*EDIT*
Also in the news they mentioned his home was broken into last week and the intruder left a knife on Taylor's bed. Seems as if it was some sort of stalker-type crime.

seanrun.jpg

Sad deal, RIP...

On the radio here this AM they said that he kept a machette beside his bed and wielded it against the intruder!

Odd.

RIP. Sad. Classic case of bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I think there might be more to the story based on previous break-ins with a knife left behind? Maybe someone was out to get him.

Did not hear, but last night it appeared he was still reactive. I guess there was too much blood loss. Very sad.

Shame he did not live next door to the guy in Pasadena Tx.... RIP...

Sad deal, RIP...

On the radio here this AM they said that he kept a machette beside his bed and wielded it against the intruder!

Odd.
Because of prior legal trouble Sean wasn't allowed to own a gun. I wish he'd been with is team instead of in FL. He'd gone to his home in FL because of the break in a week earlier.

Sounds very "gang-ish" to me.

My sympathies for his family left behind.

--Wag--

Sad deal, RIP...

Odd.
He was a felon, and couldn't be in procession of a gun, that's why he had the machette.
I understand why felons are not allowed to own guns and I applaud him for following the law, but a man has a right to protect his home and family.

I am sad for his family.

I guess I do not carry the same feelings for him. If he had not been such a thug and represented what is wrong with young black athletes today then he would have been better off.

Once the investigation goes down we will find out more to the story. Maybe it was PACMAN Jones!!!!

Back