ANY COOL BUILDS IN PROGRESS... N/A OR OTHERWISE?

As much as I wish I could throw some pics out there with words saying I am building a bad ass bike, I am not. Hopefully I can someday soon though. Starting a new job soon and hopefully I can make some bike money to get my dream setup going. I will try to get another turbo kit. Going with a etc kit.

Couple pics from my build awhile ago
6.jpg

1.jpg

20150417_135623.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

20161118_205739.jpg

it is expensive.. depending on how far u go... but a person could get 300 HP on stock internals.. with a great tune... beyond 400 hp... it can really get crazy.. 40-60 K... BUT... that 300 HP can be had for 6-7 grand... in my mind that's money well spent.

looks nice... I wish more people modded their busas with boost rather than go to another bike.

Because it's not all about hp, handling trumps hp any day, other than in a straight line.
Don't get me wrong, you can never have too much power, but as good as the Busa is, there are other good bikes out there too.
Put 2 equally skilled riders on a Busa, and a 1k with an equal power to weight ratio, and the 1k rider will out ride the Busa through any corner. More lean angle, shorter wheelbase, and less weight are an extreme advantage.
The Busa is a great "does everything well" bike, no doubt. But, like most any bike, it has it's disadvantages and limits.
Most of us here have owned and ridden countless bikes and sportbikes. We have all come together around the Busa, for all of it's great abilities. But, you can see that many of us have moved on, because we enjoy riding different bikes also. Most of that can be attributed to the age of the majority of us.
Some of us are settled on a Busa(which is great)while others are riding who knows what now, which is also great. Most everyone here enjoys other bikes, and hearing what else members have bought or ridden, and what they think of it.
Lets throw Arch under the bus here, he bought a German Goldwing the other day, lol...and it's a cool bike!
He even got a free hat(or did they make you pay for that?).

Last edited:
I don't give a poop about going fast in a corner especially next to another rider on the street. If I wanted that I would have bought an Indy car.
This is why a busa is a great choice. All the parts in the world to haul ass and goes around a corner fine.

I have cornered the Busa at speeds approaching top speed , and that for me is the ultimate adrenaline rush . I would love both this bike and a 'hotrod turbo' or built 'all motor' bike , and who knows what form my next bike will take , I'm still to decide as I accumulate parts . Everyone 's got there own take on whats best suits them for Busa ownership , personally do not believe there is a right or wrong , regarding this .

On the street.... the busa handles GREAT for 99 percent of us... But really the busa is designed to go fast in a straight line... it was built to be the baddest thing in a straight line in the world... in 1999... the fact that it is still competitive with light mods is astounding.... and with a turbo.. its breathtaking... nothing else like it... Most of us are hours and hours away from a roundy-round track... and with its weight... IMHO... will never be a top flite track bike anyway... but busa pro street turbo bikes are still setting records to this day... with 1999 technology.. motors are pretty damn tough...

IMHO.. if u own a hayabusa and want something faster... instead of buying an H2 or bmw1000rr... a person would be well advised to turbo the busa and leave the competition behind... for half the money... For a heavy percentage of us... we still are weekend warriors and the street racing scene is bigger now where I live (NY and surrounding areas ) than its ever been.... For 7 grand... u can be competitive with most anything... without including million dollar and up cars... granted most races are roll races... but even with a Bugatti venyron.. that Bugatti aint gonna go a low 9sec 1/4 mile.. the busa will,, PS.. I really don't know of ANYONE who races around turns on the street... some people really enjoy track days... and I get that... but on the street where 90 percent of us use our machines? not so much,

I don't give a poop about going fast in a corner especially next to another rider on the street. If I wanted that I would have bought an Indy car.
This is why a busa is a great choice. All the parts in the world to haul ass and goes around a corner fine.
That's what I thought.. I initially bought the busa to have the fastest setup on the street actually racing... I get that as u get older... priorities change... there are some great track bikes out there... but a busa on the STREET is meant to throw down with the big boys in a flat out WOT run in a straight line... that's the everyday fun of the bike... as long as one is talented enough to ride it... few bikes can compare to a modded busa... its intended purpose.

Because it's not all about hp, handling trumps hp any day, other than in a straight line.
Don't get me wrong, you can never have too much power, but as good as the Busa is, there are other good bikes out there too.
Put 2 equally skilled riders on a Busa, and a 1k with an equal power to weight ratio, and the 1k rider will out ride the Busa through any corner. More lean angle, shorter wheelbase, and less weight are an extreme advantage.
The Busa is a great "does everything well" bike, no doubt. But, like most any bike, it has it's disadvantages and limits.
Most of us here have owned and ridden countless bikes and sportbikes. We have all come together around the Busa, for all of it's great abilities. But, you can see that many of us have moved on, because we enjoy riding different bikes also. Most of that can be attributed to the age of the majority of us.
Some of us are settled on a Busa(which is great)while others are riding who knows what now, which is also great. Most everyone here enjoys other bikes, and hearing what else members have bought or ridden, and what they think of it.
Lets throw Arch under the bus here, he bought a German Goldwing the other day, lol...and it's a cool bike!
He even got a free hat(or did they make you pay for that?).
not for nothing.. u don't have to agree... I just started a thread to see what cool actual builds are taking place... lots and lots of people go all motor-nitrous-turbo.. and are still streetable... and make 1k gixxers feel SLOW...

not for nothing.. u don't have to agree... I just started a thread to see what cool actual builds are taking place... lots and lots of people go all motor-nitrous-turbo.. and are still streetable... and make 1k gixxers feel SLOW...

"Not for nothing" ???
"u don't have to agree" I didn't disagree...I just told you why some people go to other bikes, because you said " I wish more people modded their busas with boost rather than go to another bike"
Also why I said, to each their own.
Drag racing doesn't do it for me(and alot of people), and I've done my share in cars and on bikes, tracks and the street. And, no disrespect to anyone, but roll-on racing isn't drag racing. As almost all drag races are won or lost at the tree. The start is where the skill in drag racing is. The rest is just hanging on and holding the throttle. Roll on "racing" is playing on the highway, and seeing what the other guy's got.:beerchug:

Back to the builds.

No corners close by and shut in with snow for months , I am feeling for ya bro . What about your old Busa Ali123 , you must have built that into something wild , would love to see pictures of that bike . Maybe not your M109 . The ultimate IMHO turbo build is 2 different takes on Gen 1 , Ghost Riders corner carving Busa Turbo that he used to own , and the most incredible drag oriented Gen 1 ' MONSTA ' which was featured in the old showcase media section . Both with more or less the same ball park BHP as the already built bike you bought from GNBRETT . Those are the best I.ve ever seen , and of course there is one we are all waiting see , which promises the ultimate challenge is Micheal Parris Heuberger , for fastest honors .
Enjoying this thread mate , cheers .:thumbsup:

On the street.... the busa handles GREAT for 99 percent of us... But really the busa is designed to go fast in a straight line... it was built to be the baddest thing in a straight line in the world... in 1999... the fact that it is still competitive with light mods is astounding.... and with a turbo.. its breathtaking... nothing else like it... Most of us are hours and hours away from a roundy-round track... and with its weight... IMHO... will never be a top flite track bike anyway... but busa pro street turbo bikes are still setting records to this day... with 1999 technology.. motors are pretty damn tough...

Last edited:
Back