Any complaints about Toyota Tundras?

Just enough power to pull a 6x12 trailer with a bike and tools or furniture if needed.

The bike will be the main means of transportation. I would have the truck for bad weather days or moving stuff around.

:poke:

ofzi46.jpg

buy whatever you like to look at and is comfortable. my only suggestion is get a 4x4. i thought i would never need a 4x4, but my wife got my 2wd stuck a few times in acclament weather. personally i dont like the feel of the imports interior, but to each his own. in todays time its more difficult to buy a bad truck than a good truck. just look at recalls and tsbs for the years you are looking at and make sure if any all are done.

Got a 2010 Tundra 4x4 8cyl and LOVE IT... i repeat LOVE IT!! If you dont beat it you can get nearly 20mpg out of it, if u drive like me i get 15-16mpg.. Plus with toyota's u never have a dry start so the engines last forever with very little wear

I had a 2006, double cab,V8, it was a really good truck.
The only real complaint i have about it was that it eats tires!
Towing capacity is 6500 lbs, but as soon as you hook the trailer to it, expect your gas mileage to be about 10mpg! Also do not use cruise control while towing, because that that only make the fuel economy suffer more!
Mine was a lease, and i never had to do any thing in the 45000 that i had it for, other than tires!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just read that. Just because of the few recalls doesnt mean the whole manufacturer is bad. Ive looked at the recalls and will not purchase a truck that has a recall on it :laugh:

Lol, that was only on cars driven by Hollywood a-holes, anyway.

I was considering buying a 07-up tundra earlier this year so i did a bunch of research...Common complaints i found were

1) EPA crap paint...Really thin and can flake off easily
2) Alarm system needs to be activated by the dealership using some flash device...Screaming something
3) Stereo is located a tad far

I have a 2006 Tundra Dbl. Cab 4x4 TRD Edition. This is the best truck I have ever owned,and I've owned them all. The only other truck that comes close to it in quality and dependability was my 1988 Isuzu 4x4 Pick-up. Actually went in to buy a Tacoma but since the new Tundra body styles were set to be released they made me a killer deal on the Tundra, got it cheaper than what they wanted for the Tacoma and the MPG difference was minimal. I now have 75k trouble-free miles on it and average about 17 mpg. Thats with a full bed sliding tool box and a cross box full of tools and a set of lumber racks. 4.7 V-8 does every thing I ask of it and I also tow my 6x10 enclosed trailer with it. I'm sure the newer models have more power with the 5.7 V-8.Got 54k out of the stock tires, and only money that I've had to put in is for oil changes.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just read that. Just because of the few recalls doesnt mean the whole manufacturer is bad. Ive looked at the recalls and will not purchase a truck that has a recall on it :laugh:

every manufacturer will have a recall of some sort. i remember when the gas pedal was screwing up on the toyotas the brake pedal was falling off the dodges :rofl:

every manufacturer will have a recall of some sort.

That's true. My Hilux has had two recalls; one for the hood-catch, which could come undone while you were driving, and the other for the drive slpine, which could come loose if you were out offroading.
Neither happened to me and it's a free fix, so who cares?

Back