Any complaints about Toyota Tundras?

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Looking to get a truck in the next 6 months and i think ive narrowed it down to a Tundra is what i want. Seems to be a reliable truck and decent gas mileage at around 15mpg. Year doesnt really matter to me but im looking at very low mileage trucks. I am definitely not buying new and throwing money away

Anyone have any complaints that owns one?

Well I don't personally own one but a good friend/co-worker owns one and loves it. Actually I have not heard him say 1 bad thing about it. In fact most people that own them tend to love them and claim they are great all around trucks.

they were just rated #'s 1, 2, & 4 in December '10 Consumer Reports for predicted reliability

1) V6
2) V8, 4WD
4) V8, 2WD

i too havent heard anything bad about them. My dad has the daddy to that truck and he loves it. Though he is on his second motor thanks to toyota

I have a 2007 SR5 Hilux, which is the Australian version of the Tundra/Tacoma. It is by far the best ute Toyota have ever made.

ProTip: get a diesel. The petrol engines are insanely thirsty. (I have the diesel.)

i dont think we have the diesel here in the states...least i havent seen one.

I bought a brand new tundra on July 15, 2wd 4door v8, by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, always bought new chevy trucks until this one, Toyota guy for life now:cheerleader:

That sucks, dude. The diesels are way more economical and much better for towing boats/trailers/whatever.

Are you only 12 and explain to me the Toyota Diesel engine please ?

Turbo on the Tundra ?

Dual Rear wheels ?

How many doors ?

Payload Capacity ?

HP/Tq #'s ?

Educate me please....:please::please::please::please:

I bought a brand new tundra on July 15, 2wd 4door v8, by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, always bought new chevy trucks until this one, Toyota guy for life now:cheerleader:

Thats what i want the 2wd. Awesome thanks :thumbsup:

It's a foreign vehicle and you should only buy American.......

Unless it's a Hayabusa.......then it's ok

:laugh:

This is the engine I have : D4-D 3.0L EDI Turbo-Diesel (1KD-FTV) DOHC, 16-valve

It's a good, solid engine, right for my needs. And it costs a hell of a lot less to run than the petrol version does.

It's a foreign vehicle and you should only buy American.......
Given the amount of US$ the Chinese are holding, I'd say that every vehicle made by GM (Government Motors) is now a "foreign vehicle".

Last edited:
Rule #1: No blue oval will ever AGAIN be found in my driveway...a series of 3 of'em is what led my wife and i to file bankruptcy back in the early 90's and the only one that walked away laughing was FMC..everybody else got screwed.

Rule #2: No chrysler product HAS ever been found in my driveway and never will be.

Rule #3: If you can't think Jap?...Think German.

Rule #3A: Honda, Toyota and Nissan usta do it right...but they've become to americanized which IS WHY they are all experiencing so many rediculous recalls as of late..the last 3 jap corps that are STILL DOING IT RIGHT are the ones that are selling the least (not the most) which are..Mazda, Mitsubishi and Subaru..as they ARE still clinging tightly to the jap "Quality Culture" of manufacturing...which is what got the first 3 where they are today..which btw is what turned detroit into a ghost town.

I currently own a '05 Nissan Titan 4dr LE w/ Leather and Rockford Fosgate and the wife has a Honda Oddesy..and we've decided to keep, maintain and run the wheels off both of'em cause everything is so shiddy and up-in-the-air out there right now but i will share that besides the rusting frames recall?...several of my friends have commented how surprisingly soft on power the new tundra is for the mpg it gets...and they are...real soft and slow as compared to the get up and go of Titans or Rams..however the Tundras will TOW a shidload..but they aint no race truck..but realize..you'll only appreciate the tundra if ya spend a lot of time "TOWING"...real heavy shid..and you'll be very sad going light too light with just about any other V8 powered truck out there...the tundras are the tow pigs of the lot..and it's all in the gearing...which is why they also get horrific gas milage..which leads to...not only can they not pass a gas station?..but they cant pass anything else either..which is a shame cause i loved my old model Tundra that had a ripper of a 4.6?..i think?..and whats cool about my current Titan is it has a push button "Tow Mode"..but i don't use it as the heaviest action it sees is my busa in the bed headed to the mountains..so remember...

WHAT PRIMARY USE YOU HAVE FOR YOUR TRUCK?..

should play a major role in which make/model you select...to achieve maximum long term happiness in your final decision.

That's all i think i know and the same advice i'd give my brother if i had one.

Edit/PS: BTW...if my wife ande i were to decide on new vehicles today?..i could get by with and would most likely opt for a kill deal on a Mitsubishi Raider P/U (specifically for long term trouble-free reliability of hauling my busa)..cause they aint exactly a "Tough Guy Truck" and i'd prolly stick the wife in a Suburu Outlander (or Tribeca if we could afford it)..but they are the vehicles that would suit our needs..not anybody elses.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
I have 2008, and love it, but the Gas mileage sucks. Mine is 4WD V8 and it sucks the gas bad.Other than that its the best truck i have ever owned.

Back