'09 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax

Sannosuke

Registered
Been looking at trucks this past while and today I "almost" brought home a '09 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crewmax truck... almost!

The deal breaker was they didn't want to move enough if I paid cash. Sales guy actually said I wasn't doing them any favours by doing so, so... I'll keep me funds in a safe place until the next time I get the urge to buy something!

What the salesman told you is true. If you finance through them, they get a commission.

Trick is, negotiate the price. Tell them you will be using them for financing. Agree on price, then when you go to see the finance guy, tell them the interest is too high and you'll pay cash. By then, they cannot change the price.

What the salesman told you is true. If you finance through them, they get a commission.

Trick is, negotiate the price. Tell them you will be using them for financing. Agree on price, then when you go to see the finance guy, tell them the interest is too high and you'll pay cash. By then, they cannot change the price.

Negotiated the price (at 1.9 financing) and when we asked him if he could do any better because we were going to pay it out he basically laughed, made like he didn't want to deal with us.

Back when we bought the Murano, sales guy was more then happy to accommodate us so what gives?

I hate car salesmen they were born to B.S. YOU!!
Don't feel bad they didn't want my cash either on my 06 tacoma.
All I can tell you is don't budge on what you will pay, they will take in the end
or some other lot will get the sale they know that too.

Like the guy before said, they do get kickbacks from financing. The sale of a vehicle is only half the game. The dealer prep fees, financing, extended warranty, etc, that's where they can make a lot of money. Even at 1.9%, I'm sure they still get something out of the deal.

im sure ford or chevy isn't too good to take your money. ford has a better truck anyway imo
Posted via Mobile Device

Like the guy before said, they do get kickbacks from financing. The sale of a vehicle is only half the game. The dealer prep fees, financing, extended warranty, etc, that's where they can make a lot of money. Even at 1.9%, I'm sure they still get something out of the deal.

I hear ya!

Maybe I'll just until the end of the year when they are desperate to give 'em away...

im sure ford or chevy isn't too good to take your money. ford has a better truck anyway imo
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry bud, did my homework and in most instances the Toyota has 'em beat... or for what I want in a truck anyway! :beerchug:

id have just told them that if they didnt want to deal, youd find a dealership that did. if they had any sense, theyd rather make a little bit of money than NO money...

id have just told them that if they didnt want to deal, youd find a dealership that did. if they had any sense, theyd rather make a little bit of money than NO money...

I just said they weren't going to move any now, I'd just as well come back when the '10's were in...

Back