Projekt's Great American Adventure

Projekt

Registered
So as you all may be aware, I have been given a great opportunity to catch up with the things I missed out on over the past 10-15 years during my stint in the USAF and former marriage to the hot jealous Hungarian brunette.
Now that I have no-one to answer to but myself and Johnny Law I figured what the heck let's get back to my roots and spend some time re-acquainting myself with family and long-lost cousins.
I called my pops after not speaking to the man for more than a year. Long story, different thread. I asked him if he would be interested in a drive to Mexico and guess what? He isn't doing much these days so we are taking off in a few days.
I bought a 1997 Yukon 1500 with the Vortec 5.7 and only 94,594 miles on the clock from my aunt's neighbor. He gave it to me for only $4,500 and it is in great shape. Actual blue book is $8,500 but it would sell in Southern California for a bit more. Trust me, I find deals like that all of the time. I'll post pics. I already upgraded it with a 20" Eagle wheel and Goodyear GTII tire package and plan to sort all of the nuances before the road trip.
Haven't taken pics yet but should have gotten before and after pics if the wheel upgrade.
Oh and this is Jasna whom I will be thinking about daily during this journey. She is absolutely fantastic and really gets who I am. She is aware of all of the things I need to do and will stick around for my return.

22_06_05_1946.jpg

Here is a closer one, not the greatest due to being taken on my Motorola Razr V3. It is tough being away from her but it will serve as a good test for our relationship's durability.

22_06_05_1947.jpg

Dude,

You find yourself up in the Bay Area you call me. You'll have a place to crash if you need it.

Glad to see you're finding some good reflecting time after what you've been through lately.

Dude,

You find yourself up in the Bay Area you call me.   You'll have a place to crash if you need it.

Glad to see you're finding some good reflecting time after what you've been through lately.
I have three sisters in Hayward and was just there a few days ago. Trust me I will be there again in the next few weeks. Gotta take this opportunity to make up for lost time.

You might have seen this pic already in the Maniac thread. It is BusaHaya's, Eynlai's aka bunnyman and the Rune in Los Angeles' Little Tokyo.

26_07_05_0529.jpg

This is a distant relative's neighbor's car in Santa Clara, California.
1970 Chevelle SS454 4-spd (clone) looks better than the real thing.

28_07_05_0405.jpg

Met my good friend Jerome in Union City, CA for drink at TGI Fridays (Union Landing Mall). The Twin Turbo supra is his, he's got some cool cars that all happen to be white to include a white Acura NSX.

29_07_05_0752.jpg

Sounds like a nice trip so far. I can see why you would be missing the misses.
tounge.gif

This is a distant relative's neighbor's car in Santa Clara, California.
1970 Chevelle SS454 4-spd (clone) looks better than the real thing.
Tell him to remove the wood trim stuff from the dash and glove box, no one will ever know its not the real thing unless they research the VIN.

Looks like one hell of a trip so far. Enjoy it.
If you find yourself coming thru Albuquerque again, let me know.
Ride safe and watch out for the others.

I bought this thing for $4500 and spent $1800 on wheels and tires. It was dusty and neglected when I saw it parked across the street from my aunts house in Oxnard. Knocked on the door and did the deal. Guy said he owed maybe 6k or 7k and I asked for theleys to get it washed and lubed. I come back and he tells me I can have it for $4500 because he owed a lot less than he thought. I just happily paid the man and started shopping for wheels. Parked in his driveway and hit the engine compartment with full strength Simple Green, a scrubbrush and some heavy duty gloves. Rinsed it off and rubbed on some armor all. Looks great. Loaded with every option and the Vortec 5.7.

01_08_05_2051.jpg

Same guy sold me this old Hudson (47 or 48 I think) Giving him $2500 for that. It runs great and pulls with authority, Flathead Six with the three on the tree and no options not even an oil filtration system on the motor. No turn signals or any other unnecessary options.

01_08_05_2057.jpg

Rear View. You all know how solid that metal is. It is originally a dry Wyoming car. Looks real good and the corrosion is only on the surface.

01_08_05_2055_1.jpg

Back