Another Busa In Ky

bigisbetter

Registered
Stepped up from Kaw ZZR1200 after a few years. Bought 2013 Limited Edition with 14K on it for 9K. Has Brooks pipe and custom red color. Been riding for 2 days. Life is better. LOL.
20160227_161130.jpg

The power as expected is vulgar. What surprised me is how easy the bike handles. Lots of mountains and curves in KY and she just eats them. I'm 45 and 6 feet 260 so I'm not flying but the bike is so impressive.

Only issue has been numb right hand. Ordered some gel gloves. Any other ideas?

Good looking scoot. Congrats on your new purchase. What part of KY are you located? I am originally from Lexington and am in the area often. I ride Red River Gorge at least three times a year.

I'm in Barbourville which is deep Eastern KY. Been off bikes for a few years but have always wanted a Busa. I ride mountain bikes and road vies for fitness so this will be welcome relief from pedaling. LOL.

Nice colour , is that the number plate mounted on the chain gaurd - needs to be addressed i reckon somehow verticle perhaps outta the way ?

Good catch. Yes. That is. The guy custom made that holder to get it out from Under the tire. I plan to turn it.

Gel grips are a great way to ease that hand fatigue. The only issue with gel grips is if you live in a place like I do, California, those grips melt, and you have goo all over your hands when you're done riding. What I do NOT recommend is buying aluminum, polished grips like I did. They're fine for me, but if you are already getting the numb hand, this will permanently damage you :p

:welcome: ...the numb hand is normally caused by either having a death grip on the throttle (understandable until you get a little more used to the 'Busa lol) or leaning too heavily on the handlebars...try to hold yourself up with core muscles (back and abs) and start moving positions before you start hurting, this will also help with seat/leg soreness...it will get better with more time in the seat :beerchug:

Welome to the busa club. +1 Holding your self up with your core muscles. Plus it will handle better if you don't have a bunch of weight on your handle bars.

I know my bike lets me know if I am out of shape.

Welcome aboard. That's a beautiful bike. When this color came out, it made me seriously consider trading my 09 white for one of these. I hope to one day be able to just swap plastics for a se of these. It would be waaaaayyy easier than switch all my mods to a new bike.

Enjoy her and like everyone said, more time on the seat will take care of the numb hand.

If you get Heli Bars and a riser plate that might very well help. Sitting up just a little more helps reduce the weight on the bars.
I also used Grip-Ons (2 sets actually) as this will increase the diameter of the grip plus provide a little bit of cushion. By making the
grip diameter bigger your fingers don't wrap around the grip as much. Like other have said use your core by pressing into to the gas tank
with your legs and you will feel the weight come off the grips. I have to remind myself to do that every so often.

I'm certainly NOT pointing fingers here but you do know if you lose some weight that will mean less weight on the bars.
I'm trying to lose 20 lbs before riding season kicks in, which is about 4-6 weeks away before the season really kicks in here.

Nice looking bike you have there.

If you get Heli Bars and a riser plate that might very well help. Sitting up just a little more helps reduce the weight on the bars.
I also used Grip-Ons (2 sets actually) as this will increase the diameter of the grip plus provide a little bit of cushion. By making the
grip diameter bigger your fingers don't wrap around the grip as much. Like other have said use your core by pressing into to the gas tank
with your legs and you will feel the weight come off the grips. I have to remind myself to do that every so often.

I'm certainly NOT pointing fingers here but you do know if you lose some weight that will mean less weight on the bars.
I'm trying to lose 20 lbs before riding season kicks in, which is about 4-6 weeks away before the season really kicks in here.

Nice looking bike you have there.

All great advice. Helibars and Throttlemeister in my future for sure. Working in fitness each day. Great advice from all. THANKS.

Same as my 2012. I think the 2013 had Brembo. I agree, as far as the helibars. I did that to mine, as well as some lowered pegs. We tour on ours a lot; definitely made the bike more comfortable for the long haul.

Back