Anone else wearing a Shark RSR2 on their Busa?

jaydoc1

Registered
Got mine last year. It's bar none the lightest, most comfortable helmet I've ever owned (and I've owned several years worth of the top 'o the line Arai and Shoei helmets).

Comfortable until I've been riding a couple hours, that is. The front vent on this helmet works like an air scoop (which is good for ventilation) but with the windstream across my windshield it acts like an airbrake. After a couple hours my forehead is sore from the constant pressure point there and my neck is killing me from keeping my head forward. :bomb:

This doesn't happen on any of my other bikes while wearing this helmet. Anyone else using this helmet notice this on their Hayabusas?

Try putting on a double bubble windscreen if it's that bad. That will relieve some of the wind blast but you're still going to have to tuck a bit to get your head out of the wind.

guessing it must move a lot of air through the lid too? noise factor? I am also a fan of Arai and Shoei (oval head guy).. might try one of these..

Yeah it moves a ton of air and is as noisy as you'd expect. It is designed for oval heads (another reason I bought it). I'm afraid it's not Busa friendly and I'm just going to have to go back to a Shoei (my second favorite helmets). May try the Double Bubble first.

I've got an RSR2 and no problem, quieter than my Arai. Here's what I have found as far as windscreens and wind blast. DB Suzuki and Corbin or stock seat is ok. Tobin seat an stock screen ok. Can't do Tobin and the DB though buffeting is terrible. Of course depends on your height, just start spending money till you find the right combo. Blaming the top scoop seems a stretch to me.

Back