An interesting parallel

I was referring to the scramjet and other toys they are testing now.  It really is crazy, cool and almost unbelievable what they are doing these days with technology.  Just think most of that stuff was designed before the Cold War.  What do you think we have now that we don't even know about....
wow.gif

Since the X-43 is unmanned, I guess that really doesn't count but the X-15 will do.
wink.gif
 Anytime you guys want to see any of these aircraft other than the X-43, stop over in Dayton OH.  I'll run you over to the Air Force museum and show you guys around.  http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/  We have a lot of one of a kind aircraft so it is very interesting if anyone wants to check them out sometime.

PM me if you guys are ever in town.

Josh  
cool.gif

Wright-Patterson AFB
"The Birth Place of Flight"
I went out to Wright Patterson a few years back for a weight and balance conference on AWBS.....
I got a coin while I was out there from the senior enlisted academy, it was stolen and I haven'nt been able to replace it........

BTW...SR-71 is just plain cool. I'd fly it like I stole it!

When I was stationed on Okinawa, Japan they would leave from Kadena AFB and man that was a site to see . There would be flames like 3 yards long coming out of the exhaust and you could hear that sucker from Camp Hansen where the JarHeads were.

Rumor is that Skunk Works is working on the 07 Hayabusa
wink.gif
Keep it on the Low
cool.gif
Shhhhh. All this talk about Area 51, someone's gonna get deported!

I had to guard the SR-71 before and it's no joke. I would purchase one if I could, but since I don't have the $, I've got the next best thing! Take a look at Trigger as she ready to trot of in to the sun set! Damn, I love my Busa!!!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130596451 -->

IM000274.JPG

I was referring to the scramjet and other toys they are testing now.  It really is crazy, cool and almost unbelievable what they are doing these days with technology.  Just think most of that stuff was designed before the Cold War.  What do you think we have now that we don't even know about....
wow.gif

Since the X-43 is unmanned, I guess that really doesn't count but the X-15 will do.
wink.gif
 Anytime you guys want to see any of these aircraft other than the X-43, stop over in Dayton OH.  I'll run you over to the Air Force museum and show you guys around.  http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/  We have a lot of one of a kind aircraft so it is very interesting if anyone wants to check them out sometime.

PM me if you guys are ever in town.

Josh  
cool.gif

Wright-Patterson AFB
"The Birth Place of Flight"
Cool ... I'll be there for a business trip on Nov 3rd. I'll pm you if it looks like I'll have some free time after my meetings. I always go over to the museum when I roll through there and it'll be cool to meet another h.org member.

Back