An example of the importance of gear...

fastblackblur

Registered
Today while being mildly stupid at the track I managed to pitch my newest track bike down Spokane County Raceway at about 40-50mph. It was a lowside crash and about as easy of a get off one could ever ask for at this speed. This is what it did to the right shoulder of my leathers. Take a moment to think of the damage that would have done to bare skin... 50mph is probably a speed that most riders hit every time they take their bike out, regardless of the type of motorcycle it is.

2012-07-03_00-33-46_86.jpg

I love leathers,that kind of assurance and confidence level is top notch:thumbsup:

glad you were able to walk away! gear can make all the difference between doing that and being taken away in an ambulance :beerchug:

Was Tuf there? He works most of those events...

No he wasn't, I don't think he'll be making his way out to Spokane this year.

I hope yer bike was wearing it's gear too :laugh:

Had race body work and sliders on the bike. They kind of worked... but the bike did end up going end over end.

So far the damage is: a very decent dent in my fuel tank, clutch side handle bar broke off, a bent rear sub frame and of course the race bodywork is pretty thrashed. Should be able to get her back on the track for about a grand.

The gear did it's job. Is the shoulder alright ?

Oh yea, I'm totaly ok. Would be riding today if it was an option. How good I feel really is what motivated to make this post. Although I must admit I'm a little stiff today after sleeping, but still not that bad.

Glad you are OK. The jacket did it job well!! I always ride with all my gear on. I cannot understand how so many people can ride the streets with no gear at all on. Street riding is so much more dangerous since you are in control of so little. While in Laconia NH a few weeks ago, I saw hundreds of people riding at 70+ MPH on the interstate with not only no gear at all, but hardly any clothes, flat out fools!!!! I am not against the right to choose, but choose wisely when it comes to protecting yourself.

Glad you're okay. Sorry about the bike....

I'm a firm believer in ATGATT. Guys around here give me all kinds of crap for wearing so much gear but, apparently they've never seen the kind of damage even a low speed crash can do. I don't care how hot it may be, I'm fully geared all the time.

Back