Amsoil!!! WTF i dont get it :(

The Royal Purple ranked one of the lowest of categories in oil tests, there were even conventional oils that were out performing that.

:rofl: ranks are rigged they all say each oil is the best. Only thing that counts is when you actually use it. Clutch has never felt as good with any other oil i ever used before and it keeps the engine cleaner

Walmart sells synthetic for $20 for 5 quarts. You don't have to pay for a brand name that is rated beyond the manufacturers oil specification for your bike. When the oil changes color change it, this is when it breaks down. If you are looking to increase the oil film strength to reduce friction (as if it was a probem) you can add a oil product called SFR and it works but it is not needed because your motorcycle rings and bearings don't exert enough pressure to break the film of standard oils let alone cheap or expensive synthetics. I am selling some flavored air for your tires that makes them smell better. $10 a pound!

If you are looking to increase the oil film strength to reduce friction (as if it was a probem) you can add a oil product called SFR and it works but it is not needed because your motorcycle rings and bearings don't exert enough pressure to break the film of standard oils let alone cheap or expensive synthetics. !

No, but the gearbox can easily do that. When a gearbox and engine is sharing oil, the oil has a much higher responsibility to carry then a normal engine oil. When the oil starts to break down, you don't notice much on the engine, but you def know the gearbox doesn't feel as nice when the oil is going south. Me personally, i run Motul lubes. Its convenient for me since i see them at work and its cheap. If i weren't, id probably run something along the lines of Amsoil.

Last edited:
Amsoil is the really good stuff. I was dealer for them about two years ago, and the oil is truely top notch. Royal purple would be the next step down, along with mobileone. Motul I have had no exprience, since they do not sell it around here....:S lol If I could get amsoil for less then $9 to my door, well then I would definately jump on the chance...

OIL? You guys use OIL?

I use Duck Poo No. 2, slickest **it in the world!!

Trust me, if you've ever stepped in it you know what I mean!:laugh:

OIL? You guys use OIL?

I use Duck Poo No. 2, slickest **it in the world!!

Trust me, if you've ever stepped in it you know what I mean!:laugh:

you dont know what your talking about, goose poo is way slicker, esp if they are from canada and all hopped up on that labatt stuff... :lol:

you dont know what your talking about, goose poo is way slicker, esp if they are from canada and all hopped up on that labatt stuff... :lol:

Yes, but here in SoCal, we don't have as many Goosers as you do, and it is harder to come by!

But I do agree, it is the Slick 50 of all Poo's, and has a better aftertaste! :laugh:

Bubba da Goon.

i believe in motion in wichita has the stuff also if you wanna still run amsoilbenn running the stuf for 12 years now no problems ever

Amsoil is a Great Product. I am using 1040 Mobil 1 because I was too Lazy to order it online. Mobil 1 and Amsoil are Equally Yoked so to speak. I have seen the TRUE test Results and YES I am in the Business so I know what I am Talkin About :thumbsup:

I am now currently using Motul the 300V 15w50 double ester,1 of the best engine oil and am loving it.I love the Royal purple 20w 50 for my air cooled scrambler,its thick enough to make my bike going smooth.Lessen lots of vibration.Royal purple 10w40 is not good for long distance touring since the oil is too thin and especially in the country that i am in for the darn hot weather.Thats for my personnel reviews though:whistle:

Last edited:
I use Amsoil 10w40 and change every 5K miles. Never had a problem buying it from a local retailer and will continue to do so.

:rofl: ranks are rigged they all say each oil is the best. Only thing that counts is when you actually use it. Clutch has never felt as good with any other oil i ever used before and it keeps the engine cleaner

Sometimes that is the case, but in the amsoil white paper study which was conducted by a independant lab showed wear scars much higher then 10-12 other brands they were testing. On Honda high revving engines and certain Nissan vq engines, who ran them noticed considerably more oil consumption then some other brands they tried. Not sure if it has a low flash point or it just sticks to the cylinder walls that much past the oil rings. The oil works good like the first 1k miles but after that the oil visocity index starts to degenerate rather fast.

I've ran 10w40 since I've owned the busa. Thinking about running 10w30

Umm, if you live in North Carolina, I wouldn't even THINK of going to a 30 weight oil.
Oil gets thin enough as it is in the heat, but down there in THAT heat, hot 30 weight would be the consistency of water. That's not good for your engine...period..!!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.!! :laugh:

Back