Amsoil!!! WTF i dont get it :(

mynewride

Registered
i recently went to the amsoil store just down the street from me and found out i cannot just buy 4 quarts a year for my busa. WTF i have to be some member to buy the stuff. i dont want to pay 20 just so i can spend 40 on oil.

then the guy was like so you just want to pay retail for it. i said i dont care. i just need 4 quarts. well it will be 20 for a membership. he just couldnt figure out why i didnt want to pay for a membership...or dealership. then he couldnt even give me "retail" price...im sorry i cant give you a price. your not a member. whatever i just walked out. grrrr:banghead:

so this is what i think about amsoil's business model :moon:

anyhow can anyone here help me get the stuff.

i looked at silkolene at my suzuki dealer and they wanted $22 per quart :lol:...$100 for oil to change the oil in my busa...i dont think so.

Check all your local motorcycle parts/accessories stores and or service centers to see if they are an Amsoil distributor. There is only one local independant motorcycle parts/accessories & service center store here in the Sacramento area that I found to carry Amsoil MCF (MCF = motorcycle formula) and yes it's $15 a quart or $50 a gallon. Like previously stated there are many online distributors if you can't find someone local that carries it.

for 20 bucks a year you actually save money on your purchases... its called the preferred customer program. You save about 10 bucks per order so if you change your oil 3 times a year you save about 30 bucks. So with paying the 20 you save 10... if you change it 4 times a year you save 40 blahblahblah you get the picture. yeah you save a tiny bit of money. its not really as big a hassle as it seems...

If you have a Napa Auto parts by you they sell it. Get mine there all the time. 9.49 a qt.

here's an option that is easier to get:

cycle_racing_4t_top.gif

P.S. I have a feeling this will quickly become one of those "dreaded" oil threads :whistle:

Oil debates will go on FOREVER.. i use valvoline MC 10/40 mineral....works for me.
What i don't understand about some owners...change the oil every 1000 miles..
When my oil starts to get dark in the window i change it...3k-4k or so.
Just for fyi...my bike has been on the rev limiter so many times.. i can't even begin to count them.... get distracted at times with the pass on another vehicle...babababababa in 3rd...glad it's got one on it.. 40K now so far so good.
Ps manual sez 10/40...and 87 octane..so thats what it gets ....

i used to use mobil one, but brock davidson no longer recommends it as he has had several clutch failures and blames it on the new formula. he runs standard quaker state 10w40 and some allysin 0w oil. i just want a good oil at a reasonable price. i also want to change my oil less frequently as the k2 busa is a pain to get to the filter.

i dont mind 10 per qt, but im not payin 20 per qt...thats just insane

i recently went to the amsoil store just down the street from me and found out i cannot just buy 4 quarts a year for my busa. WTF i have to be some member to buy the stuff. i dont want to pay 20 just so i can spend 40 on oil.

then the guy was like so you just want to pay retail for it. i said i dont care. i just need 4 quarts. well it will be 20 for a membership. he just couldnt figure out why i didnt want to pay for a membership...or dealership. then he couldnt even give me "retail" price...im sorry i cant give you a price. your not a member. whatever i just walked out. grrrr:banghead:

so this is what i think about amsoil's business model :moon:

anyhow can anyone here help me get the stuff.

i looked at silkolene at my suzuki dealer and they wanted $22 per quart :lol:...$100 for oil to change the oil in my busa...i dont think so.

I don't care about Amsoil, their advertising, marketing, comparisons to other brands and the whole deal just smells weird. If they paid the extra 1/2 million to have their oil formally certified by API with the proper stamp on their container, I might have been interested a little more.

Back