America’s youth?

Knowing about things and being responsible for them in a real (rather than bureaucratic) sense are two different things. Agencies have done shady things under every single president there's ever been. Nothing different under Obama.
I believe he encouraged it...

That's why there are bigger heads than mine working on a Brexit plan. I only said I like and agree with the idea, I never said I have the answers.
I understand what you're saying, and part of the problem is that. People like to sit on their couch (made with foreign materials) and drink their coffee (grown in other countries) while watching TV (made overseas) or talking on their phone (made with foreign labor in another country) before driving their imported car to the store to buy groceries made from things grown in other countries. All the while complaining that globalism is the devil....
The developed world doesn't want to go back to a national economy.

It's called USMC now....but not really, no country dictates to the other how many immigrants they will take or how much production their industries will turn over to the union, etc....
Call it what you like, in the interest of economic development border control is lessened, wages and benefits are adjusted to a more equitable level (or jobs leave) and rules which are mutually beneficial are created.

I didn't say gang rapes. I said gangs, (Comma) rapes. I also did not say in the UK. I said in the EU. I think countries should keep their heritage and identities.
My mistake, I'm trying to keep up on my phone....
Gang culture as it manifests in EU countries could easily be attributed to the spread of US culture across the globe as it could to anything else. It's complicated.....

Call it what you like, in the interest of economic development border control is lessened, wages and benefits are adjusted to a more equitable level (or jobs leave) and rules which are mutually beneficial are created.
Oh, I didn't call it that, your President did and I find it to be of bad taste as the US already has a fine distinguished USMC organisation.

I take it you are pro-European Union and that is fine as it is your right to be as it is my right to be pro Brexit. To be honest, I for one have no stake in this whatsoever other than watching it on TV from time to time.

This thread is turning out to be interesting-went from a spoiled kid to the fate of the free world...only on the Org could this happen.

My mistake, I'm trying to keep up on my phone....
Gang culture as it manifests in EU countries could easily be attributed to the spread of US culture across the globe as it could to anything else. It's complicated.....
Yes very complicated. I guess if it was easy we could fix it.

That is a tough one, not an easy choice for the UK. I agree Brexit would be a disaster. One of my best friends runs a Civil Engineering company he founded out of London. Seventy five percent of their work is across Europe and since the Brexit negotiations he has lost half his business. He is considering setting up office outside of the UK now.

On the other hand life in the UK is not what it was before the formation of the European Union. I use to visit Windsor frequently in business during the mid 90's just after the European Union was formed. One could jump on the tube and walk down Oxford Street at midnight on a Friday and it would be a fun trip with a party from the one block to the next. I walked Oxford Street again last year around 9:00PM, homeless folks sleeping on stairways, people shooting up and it simply was not safe. Extreme changes to the British culture, it was a shock.

One has to understand both sides, but it is a text book case of what happens to a country and its culture when there is free movement of people in and out.
I agree things have changed drastically in the UK over the last couple of decades, but it's not solely because of immigration or EU membership. I think there are many reasons which contribute to the changes, but the sheer chaos of a hard Brexit isn't the answer

Oh, I didn't call it that, your President did and I find it to be of bad taste as the US already has a fine distinguished USMC organisation.

I take it you are pro-European Union and that is fine as it is your right to be as it is my right to be pro Brexit. To be honest, I for one have no stake in this whatsoever other than watching it on TV from time to time.

This thread is turning out to be interesting-went from a spoiled kid to the fate of the free world...only on the Org could this happen.
I'm not necessarily pro EU, I think it does have benefit to the members, but it's not without problems. Much like political issues in the US, the public have been manipulated into action which isn't necessarily in their best interest. That's the issue I have, the manipulation through fear, rather than with any specific policy itself.

NAFTA and the European Union are probably not comparible, two different things.

We do live in a global world and a global economy, you are correct. That global world is largely dictated by the US though, being the strength and presence of our military, English (although British English elswere spoken) being the predominant means of communication, American music dominating everywhere, American movies dominating everywhere, tyhe US$ being the dominant currency. We have folks who have changed everyones life globally here, from an imported Einstein, to Steve Jobs, to Bill Gates and more. So the comparison with the UK is not apples to apples.

We are a unique country with a young culture in a very good place, unfortunately a lot of damage to that in the past two years, as far as relations outside of our borders.

Old school here, so I try and protect (insignificant I know) what we have by not spending my Dollars with someone like Horror Freight. ( Harbor Freight)

In short, the global economy is really US dominated, but with a lot of threat to change in the longer term.

I agree things have changed drastically in the UK over the last couple of decades, but it's not solely because of immigration or EU membership. I think there are many reasons which contribute to the changes, but the sheer chaos of a hard Brexit isn't the answer
You are right about Brexit, but you have to spend time in the UK first hand to see the drastic change. It is not British it is a new immigrated population. In short, the Brits have given their country away. I don't base this on media or the internet. Just personal experience of frequent business dealings and visits there.

The EU and NAFTA are indeed different, but they have similarities. The EU has its roots in the common market, a trade agreement much like NAFTA in economic terms.

I think if the UK successfully exits the EU other countries will follow. This will help break up the globalism move...

I saw on the news there were over 1.3 million EU people in the UK with around 250.000 UK people working in the EU...this could cause some issues I am thinking..

Back