Geez... I leave one group of friends and...

dumb
smile.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ May 13 2007,13:58) Ben,now thats its over and past.....Isnt it better that you were able to go home and post about it rather than being arrested or possibly your family having to bury you or the thug's family possibly having to bury him? Thug or not....he has a Mother.

You have a family as well,we're all better off WITH our families.Trust me.....had you went to the staff,they would have dealt with it,they have a hard on for throwing people out like that or having them removed by the police.

It could have been alot worse for all involved,thank God it wasnt.We have to grow up one day.Defending your life or your families lives is 1 thing,but remember....he nevered pulled a gun.Had he.....You still have to remember that if you CHOOSE deadly force,you will certainly have to prove it in court.

I carry most every where I go in the US,never pulled it but once.I sold my guns soon after that.I've just recently started acquiring them again,but the bottom line is....Do all you can to avoid confrontation,especially in public.Now if it comes to your home? Thats a totally different story with a different set of "rules" Youre for the most part,protected.But even then...you will still have to defend yourself in court.

Its all about how much youre willing to risk,and put your family through and your wallet.Lawyers...good ones arent cheap.The saying about being judged by 12 is better than being carried 6.....there are still losers in that saying,which could have been avoided.

I know a guy who confronted a robber in his home....the robber tried to run away.....Dude shot him in the back running away.Robber is dead,he had to defend  that decision in court.

He almost went to prison,but he had a sypathetic jury and was found not guilty.Every aspect of the incident like the fact the robber was running away was scrutinized AND it took for the most part ALL his life's savings for his defence.He wishes he would have just let the kid get away.And so does the kid's Mother.Sorry for the long post.NJ.
Looking back, I probably should've gotten management involved... BUT, my thought process was, if he isn't packing now, he has a chance to get one and come back when the movie lets out, cause lets face it, if you see a 6'10" 350 lb guy get up in a theater, he's easy to recognize, and when management bitches at him after I get back, he's got an problem with me squeelin... If he is packing, Gary and I had our eyes on him when we left, if he looked like he was gonna pull out a gun, we were ready to tackle his azz...

I'm about the least confrontational person most anyone who knows me has met... Only when things REALLY get to me does it come about with me. I thought things out before hand... If Gary got up in his Army attire, he'd be easy to pick out, same as me with my size. I was hoping one of the others that told him to shhh would've gotten managment since they were behind him.

You did great Ben.
Here is what I recommend doing next time.
Get the theater manager phone number and when something like that happened just call him/her quietly and say that those guys were mentioned guns in their conversation and that people scared .

And then enjoy the show....
guns.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 14 2007,11:52) You did great Ben.
Here is what I recommend doing next time.
Get the theater manager phone number and when something like that happened just call him/her quietly and say that those guys were mentioned guns in their conversation and that people scared .

And then enjoy the show....
guns.gif
I like your thinkin Vic!
laugh.gif

Sad deal, man. You know we all have to be careful. There is a new generation of kids of all races that breed and thrive off of ignorance. I better keep working, cause there ain't much hope for these kids now taking care of my genration!!

Went through the same crap when we saw Spiderman a couple weeks ago. The punks shut up after a while but it was still a pain. Got to agree with what others said: at your size if someone doesn't think twice about taking heed at what you're saying either he's brain-damaged, got 15 other idiots ready to back him up, or an "equalizer". Being from L.A., it's usually an "equalizer".

A year ago the same thing happened right after the movie started. Me and a couple other folks didn't feel like dealing with the drama so we went to the manager and said we want our money back. Things calmed down very quickly after that. When Batman Begins came out the punks were so bad and the theater employees so wimpy in dealing with the situation about 20 - 30 of the crowd went to the ticket window and demanded our money back. Didn't hurt that one of the group worked for a news station out here and put the fear of lost revenue in the manager just when a string of hot movies was about to be released. The next time I went back to the theater with my son - major security was in charge of keeping the quiet, not the the pimple-faced 16 year old part timers.

Anger speaks loud but cash gets their attention. Always.

Back