Geez... I leave one group of friends and...

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I met up with my friend Gary, and we went and got some dinner with some of my other friends. After we eat, Gary and I catch Spiderman3. Well, some "homies" ( I don't use this as a term against black people, I use it as a term against people who dress like morons thinking they're the shid... sorry if it offends anyone) of about 18 yrs old wouldn't stop talking during the movie... So, about 30 minutes into it, I've had enough and told them to shut up (after NUMEROUS others, including Gary, have done the "shhh" thing). Well, this punk thinks he's gotta prove something and says "Who you telling to shut up?" I said "You" and didn't hear him say anything to me again for a bit... but he was talking to his friends about me making fun of me. Now, remember, I'm 6'10" and 350 lbs... I aint small, and his girl knew it and kept telling him to shut up and not piss off the big guy... Well, he stopped for a bit, then started talking loud again. This whole thing went on about 5 times (I know, shoulda got management) until the movie ended. So, at the credits, Gary and I decided to let people clear out, well, the "homie" decided he'd stand up to me... "Hey, who do you think you were telling to shut up?" So I, quite pissed off at this point,stood up... "Yall, cause you wouldn't shut the fug up." Well, he left, murmering with his friends (about 10-15 spread throughout the theater) before Gary and I head out... With another guy we met. Now, here's where it almost went bad. Gary has Army training, so does our new friend. They both would obviously know self defense, and I know a little bit of Wing Chung... a very little bit, but I was fast enough at my size to surprise the one who was teaching me. Well, the punk had pissed off our new friend and his 2 cousins, so we were talking of that when we walked out... to see the punk and friends waiting. They stared us down (Mainly me, cause he had a MAJOR problem with just me for some reason) and we stared back. He got some attitude asking why I gotta tell him to shut up, cause he paid for a ticket... I said "Cause I paid for mine too. Now back off." Well, apparently the 5 of us was enough to scare these 10-15 homies, cause they all backed down when we didn't flinch. I almost wish he woulda started something, cause I need to pound on someone/thing after this wreck. My arms doing MUCH better, all it'd really do is slow me down a bit and take SOME power from my punch. Anyway, I'm on an adrenaline overload right now and can't sleep... So I figured I'd give yall some fun reading of my evening. Woo hoo...

I rarely hit the Movie Theater any more because I can't stand rude people. It seems as if the Theater is the rude person's watering hole. There's talking, smacking, crunching, slurping, and people's big heads in the way at times.

I too had a kid act stupid the last time I was at the Movies. I didn't have the problems you did though. After myself and a couple other guys asked and the TOLD the kids to be quiet they behaved.

I would have beat him like a red headed step child, or just shot him twice!
guns.gif

Your lucky , because useually people won't talk shid to someone your size unless they are packin . But damn if I wouldn't like to see a jacka$$ get smashed. My wife always get mad at me when I speak up to A-holes. She's scared and yes she does have a point , but enough is enough and i'm tired of people with no manners and class.

(frisbee @ May 13 2007,02:17) Your lucky , because useually people won't talk shid to someone your size unless they are packin . But damn if I wouldn't like to see a jacka$$ get smashed.  My wife always get mad at me when I speak up to A-holes. She's scared and yes she does have a point , but enough is enough and i'm tired of people with no manners and class.
Exactly. I'm tired of people having no manners and not giving a crap about others. Pisses me off. I'm sure they have a mental image of my truck to do somrthing to me if seen later... Good thing I got my car too.
tounge.gif

6' 10" @ 350lbs. Maybe you was blocking his view ... not to mention the view of the 4 immediate rows behind you!
laugh.gif

Seriously though ... this is why I go to see a movie after its been out for about a month. 1) I hate crowds and 2) young punks nowdays find strength in numbers. I'm sure had it only been him and his girl he would have STFU from the very first "shhh" thrown at him.

I'll have to agree with the earlier poster,dude was prolly packing (illegally) of course.What you should have done was spoke to theatre Mgmnt.They will usually quiet the thuggs and cell phone users down,and they wont give money back either if they've been unruly.Its not worth losing your life over,let the theatre deal with the drama.

Ozzy would have bashed some skulls within the first 5 mins!!!! i will not tolerate some lil teenage punk disrespecting me or any of my friends or family. if these kids think they are man enough to step up, then they are man enough to get beat the F' down!!!

working in the night club industry, we would do teen nights twice a week. u wanna talk about some unruly punk azz kids..... ive dealt with them all and lemme tell ya, had most of them kids been 18, i would have been one busy dude for quite some time with all the azz whoopins that these punks deserved!!!
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

Glad you didn't die of lead poisoning or go to jail for assault and battery, or lynching.

NJ has the right idea for 2007.
lurk.gif

as a teen and young adult?..i've had extensive training in taekwondo and some hapkido...i'm also a former U.S. Marine who at one time ranked 2nd in the state of florida for the NFAA (National Field Archery Association) and local IBO club champ...and?...a few years back?...i was a local IPSC tatical shooting club champ who typically has a glock19 at the ready and at hand.....and when out in public?..i ALWAYS do my damndest to "walk away"....everytime...not because i fear them...but because i fear me...but what i fear most is...

courtrooms!
laugh.gif

What do you call a person who has "No Fear"?

and ambulance!
laugh.gif

cause they're gonna need it one way or another...

then place the 2nd call to a great defense attourney!...cause they're gonna need that as well!
wow.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Got to love those Homies always have to be loud that is why I try not to go to the movies any more I just hate all those folks that think they have to be loud. Or what really gets my goat is when these folks bring their kids to an R rated movie at 10:00 and their kids start crying or going off to. Just as soon sit home watch what is on TV until the movie makes it out on DVD. Then I don't have to deal with the A-holes just my 2 cents. Glad you keep a cool head bro it is not really worth it any more all these kids carrying guns thinking they have something to prove.

+1 on what NJ said Ben- if you woulda got mngmt. involved from the get-go, those idiots would have been gone before SpiderMan got his black costume (and made a DAMN fool of himself in that club...)
beerchug.gif
I have gotten folks kicked out 3 times in the last year watching flix-2 were constantly on phones, and one had a 1yr-old in rated-R action flick cryin from the first 'Boom' in the movie
guns.gif
the mom n dad weren't even old enuf to drink yet but they take their kid to a 9pm R-rated flick?

be very careful w/youngins who mouth-off to you man, cuz EVERY one that has done that to me in the last 3 years has been carrying heat (n i saw it both times but they dont like shootn people on camera so Im still here-yay)

one other suggestion-try a different movie theater bro-I go to one in the 'burbs at 10pm and all I have to deal with a some spoiled rich kids n old folks...if they get loud I just stand up, turn around n stare at'em for a minute...problem solves itself after that.
firedevil.gif

There was some dude one time arguing on his cell with his girl in the theater. When we all said "shhh". He jumped up like he was the man. That's when me and 5 other big dudes stood up at once like we planned it.  It was funny, that guy promptly hung up his phone and sat down.  I laughed at thinking, "what's the chances of having 6 big guys that don't know each other, stand up to tell the same guy to shut up at the same time?"

biggrin.gif
Just when i feel like a giant, i go stand next to Ben. Then i feel regular.
laugh.gif

Ben,now thats its over and past.....Isnt it better that you were able to go home and post about it rather than being arrested or possibly your family having to bury you or the thug's family possibly having to bury him? Thug or not....he has a Mother.

You have a family as well,we're all better off WITH our families.Trust me.....had you went to the staff,they would have dealt with it,they have a hard on for throwing people out like that or having them removed by the police.

It could have been alot worse for all involved,thank God it wasnt.We have to grow up one day.Defending your life or your families lives is 1 thing,but remember....he nevered pulled a gun.Had he.....You still have to remember that if you CHOOSE deadly force,you will certainly have to prove it in court.

I carry most every where I go in the US,never pulled it but once.I sold my guns soon after that.I've just recently started acquiring them again,but the bottom line is....Do all you can to avoid confrontation,especially in public.Now if it comes to your home? Thats a totally different story with a different set of "rules" Youre for the most part,protected.But even then...you will still have to defend yourself in court.

Its all about how much youre willing to risk,and put your family through and your wallet.Lawyers...good ones arent cheap.The saying about being judged by 12 is better than being carried 6.....there are still losers in that saying,which could have been avoided.

I know a guy who confronted a robber in his home....the robber tried to run away.....Dude shot him in the back running away.Robber is dead,he had to defend that decision in court.

He almost went to prison,but he had a sypathetic jury and was found not guilty.Every aspect of the incident like the fact the robber was running away was scrutinized AND it took for the most part ALL his life's savings for his defence.He wishes he would have just let the kid get away.And so does the kid's Mother.Sorry for the long post.NJ.

NJ that is a good post, dont apoligize for anything.

Scary chit.

A while ago in our little town of under 200, (not 2 hundred thousand, just 200) a guy went nuts and was running around with an axe after slapping the **** out of his wife. The police were in town, both of them 5'8 and 145, rookies. They actually came and got me, I know them well. I am not a monster like Yamahor, but am 6'6 and 340, not tiny either.
When I got home, the wife had locked and loaded her favorite .45, and said she would have proteced the family with every round in the clip. I used to compete IPPSC as well, and taught her how to shoot, amazing how fast she caught on.

I hate theatres too, the same big deep voiced pimple faced kids acting like heros, using all the new swear words and talking tough piss me off. It costs 30.00 for the 4 of us to go see Spiderman 3, before any treats. I have gotten tired of these little punks too, told them to shut up many times, and even had backup the odd time from strangers.

Were we like that when we were kids?

It would have been tough, but using management is probably what I would have done. I am glad it didn't escalate outside the theatre and everyone went home. Sad though that we have to deal with crap like that.

Back