amazing day gone bad...

I would have to question the insurance about that. It just does not seem right. If you are hurt on the job workers comp is supposed to take over. I hope everything turns out

Why wait inside an ER for 5 hours, only to be told, "It's broken" and go see your orthopedic doctor in the morning. :banghead:

Ouch...like others I have never heard of an insurance company saying you can't go to the ER??? By law the hospital has to treat you unless it's a private hospital I believe. I do know that the co pay is higher if you go to the ER and are not admitted, instead of 20 bucks it was like $150, this has been the case with many insurance providers I have had. BC/BS, Aetna, United health care etc...

That sucks bro.. Next time keep your body parts out of pinch points. I was a steel erector for many years and had to learn that the hard way a few times. Hope you heal up soon. Is this going to be workers comp?

Dude I hope you get it squared away, was gonna suggest some care tips NOT A DOCTOR OR MEDICALLY TRAINED PERSON, but it looks like you're on top of that. Hopefully you've seen a doctor.

Wow, hope all works out well with that.

I don't understand 'because of my ins I CAN'T go to er' ?
What kind of ins prevents you from going to er?
Can't you just walk in screaming anyway? By law they can't turn you away?

i have state insurance because i take care of my elderly grandmother and they dont cover er visits, i still wound up getting sent there by my doc

So after going to my doc i got sent to the E.R. anyways. All i can say is im very lucky, after spending around 5 hours in the E.R. and multiple x-rays i found out that even though the doctor thought i shattered my knuckle because of how things felt when in fact did not break anything. I dislocated my ring finger at the knuckle and dislocated the bone behind it, severely bruised the tissue on top of the hand and bruised several bones. Im on anti inflamitories, steroids and hydrocodone for pain, and on restriction for a week to get the inflamation to go down from the dislocated bones.

Better explanation of what happened was we were using the bucket of the tractor and a chain to move a rake that goes behind the tractor that were using to level the yard at the new house. as we were lowering it down i was spinning it around so it sat in the direction we wanted it to. As we were lowering it the chain adjusted in the rings holding it attached to the bucket and caused the bucket to spring up and as it came back down it smacked my hand so hard that it swung my hand down and i hit the bottom of my hand on the rake. So more or less i got smacked super hard by the steel bucket. Im very lucky i didnt get it pinched which i know from years of experience to keep my hands out of pinch points from when i was a little kid i remember seeing my dads friend dam near lose a finger from getting pinched in a chain binder that snapped down on it.

Thank you everyone for you concerns needless to say the only thing i could think was dam there goes the little bit of riding season i have left lol. As for the insurance thing, I take care of my elderly grandmother who has alzheimers and dementia and i quit my job 2 years ago to take care of her because she drastically goes downhill when strangers are around and becomes almost schitzo because she gets so confused. Well i got lucky and the state put me on a local insurance basically for under and unemployed ppl but it only covers doctors visits and not E.R. visits unless your on their top plan but the only way you get on the top plan is by having children or major health issues. So i wasnt about to pay to go to the E.R. unless i absolutely have to which i got sent there by my doc today because he thought i might have to have surgery.

Awh Heck Card, I got hurt worse than that slidin into second base. Go get your scooter out and lets ride! :cheerleader:

You are very lucky that nothing is broken. I hope you heal up quickly and as good as new.

Hey, that's your right hand you know which belongs to mother thumb and her four daughters. The next couple of weeks may become very lonely. :poke:

:laugh:

Awh Heck Card, I got hurt worse than that slidin into second base. Go get your scooter out and lets ride! :cheerleader:

You are very lucky that nothing is broken. I hope you heal up quickly and as good as new.

Hey, that's your right hand you know which belongs to mother thumb and her four daughters. The next couple of weeks may become very lonely. :poke:

:laugh:

thanks man and hell i was more worried about not being able to button up the last few things on the bike and being able to ride thats the first thing that popped into my mind, but yeah rosie palmer and her 5 sisters are out of comission for a while i can barely close my hand. Thanks for the well wishes

Sorry to hear!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Not to self, stay away while he is near a tractor!

Sorry to hear!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Not to self, stay away while he is near a tractor!

lol i cant blame him completely, i waived at him to stop and he decided to lower it a couple more inches and thats when it happened, we do stuff like this all the time and after years this is the first time its ever happend, usually im the one on the tractor and hes the one hooking things up but his knee has been bothering him so we switched roles

Tractor+accident=usually somebody getting permanently mamed.
Forget about broken your lucky like you said it didn't get pinched or clipped off.

Ouchie, bet ya wont do that again. :lol:

Heal fast so you can ride fas..... Reasonably and safely.

lol nice, hoping to get my paint finished in the next couple days and hopefully galfer hurries up and gets my lines here and my master cylinder rebuild kit gets here from justin so i can be back on the road, im dying to go for a ride with all the work i put in and money

Back