amazing day gone bad...

card16969

Registered
So after a year without a license i got it back today an well was so happy..... went to move my car out of storage and while moving a piece of equipment with the tractor had a chain come loose and the bucket slammed down on my hand. and because of my insurance i cant go to the E.R. and have to wait to go to the doc tomorrow. We think i broke 2 knuckles..... btw sorry hard to type one handed.

5 mins afterward
208912_10151938249680383_412455755_.jpg

couple hours later
564043_10151938407680383_1169285682.jpg

563388_10151938406925383_1191532545.jpg

Ouuuuuuuuuuch

What about urgent care rather than ER? I guess it's just past midnight your time so hoping you're going to the dr. @ 7am. Get it looked at soon and hope it's just a massive bruise and nothing broken.

yeah my friend whos a nurse feels something moving around she things i broke the ring finger knuckle and the pinky knuckle

R.I.C.E. therapy to help reduce pain and swelling
R = rest (keep use/movement to an absolute minimum)
I = ice
C = compression (ace wrap but not too tight)
E = elevate (above the heart)

Some anti-inflammatory meds (Motrin/Aleve/Advil). Check circulation of affected fingers (pinch nails then release. Nails turn white when pinched and return to normal color within 3 seconds). Best of luck.

R.I.C.E. therapy to help reduce pain and swelling
R = rest (keep use/movement to an absolute minimum)
I = ice
C = compression (ace wrap but not too tight)
E = elevate (above the heart)

Some anti-inflammatory meds (Motrin/Aleve/Advil). Check circulation of affected fingers (pinch nails then release. Nails turn white when pinched and return to normal color within 3 seconds). Best of luck.

Thank you im glad someone actually reassured i was doing it right, my dads ex wife was an er nurse and always preached that, the only thing i wasnt doing was elevation, i greatly appreciate it!!!

Forgive my ignorance but what kind of insurance can not let you go to the ER. I guess we are just spoiled here in Canada. Hope you feel better.

yup, looks broke to me. i hope its not, but i bet it is. get ready for some pins and a cast. im way sorry this happened buddy, that sucks. :down:

Wow, hope all works out well with that.

I don't understand 'because of my ins I CAN'T go to er' ?
What kind of ins prevents you from going to er?
Can't you just walk in screaming anyway? By law they can't turn you away?

Ouch! That looks painful...

I'm with others here; never heard of insurance that wouldn't allow you to go to the ER. I understand it will cost more, but it shouldn't be disallowed ???

Hope you get some good news/relief soon!

Back