Am I paranoid?? Is the end near?

This is already starting to depress me and i have only just begun.

Don't let it bother you, just remember someone has always been saying the worlds coming to an end so don't dwell on what probably won't happen. Just prepare and hope for the best, I look at it no differently then living in Cali and having an earthquake kit or on the east coast and having a hurricane kit etc.

Just a personal update.......I do feel a bit stupid for admitting it but my wife and I bought our first batch of canned goods to be stored away.....4 mixed cases for starters. We feel if we buy a little each week we won't feel the additional expense. The same with ammo..... I picked up a few boxes of 9mm's on my way home from work yesterday. We plan to gradually grow our reserves over the next few months.... A mix of canned goods (a couple of years shelf life to be put in rotation) AND freeze dried products (15+ yrs shelf life). I'm doing a lot of homework to assure we get the most for our money. This is already starting to depress me and i have only just begun.

I dunno man..i got a wife, 3 daughters and a grandson..and i just dont see me drag'in 'round or?..hovering over 50 cases of beans and spam to guard 24/7 indefinantly and calculate that everybody gets 4 tablespoons of beans and a slice of spam each day and then we can last what?..8-9 months..cause ya know we're gonna eat more than that so..i think a more feasible, logical and realistic long term solution would be to simply carry a small hand crank meat grinder around and when the family asks whats for dinner?..i'll provide what will be most readily available..burgers..."Bubba Burgers" :laugh:

I hear tell we taste like pork and thad be cool..

as long as yer name ain't...

"Bubba" :laugh: :rofl:

or?..."Earl"

or?...

"Raoul"

or?.. :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I think that we should implement a .org wide emergency plan to meet up at a secret location. We could be like the outlaw biker gang in mad max, only cool. Every post-apocalytic society needs a evil outlaw biker gang:laugh:
Just buy gold/silver and gun/ammo and maybe some body armor.

I don't necessarily believe that the power is going to shut off and the shelves will be bare at the grocery store... What I do believe is that it makes good financial sense to stock up on staple items because the cost of food and gas is expected to rise. If you can get good deals now and be selective on your shopping then you will save thousands of dollars over a years time. This is no different then taking advantage of low mortgage rates and refinancing your house while the interest is low... Why would you not refinance? In this situation we look and see the prices of food is going to go up so why would you not stock up on some canned and dried foods....

Now here is the next step in this....

Depending on how long the food and gas prices stay on the increase we know that historically people will begin to steal food or money... So as the times get tougher people become more desperate, you will see guns and ammo go up.

If you want to go ahead and just wait it out thats up to you, if you have extra money just sitting around that you want to spend then you will probably be just fine but I choose to buy now at better prices and not throw money away. Many people won't have the money to pay more for food, many people live check to check.

Cap

Back