Am I paranoid?? Is the end near?

I have to tell ya we started stockpiling food many months ago. When we find good deals on canned foods we grab em. A few days ago there was a deal on corn and green beans, 40 cents a can, we now have 3 cases of each and they are good until 2014. Beans, salt, pepper all the staple items we will need as the food prices go up.. I don't think there will be a shortage but I do believe that the cost will go through the roof. We have been planting a garden for 30 years so in the summer we eat a lot of tomatoes, squash, zuchinni, potatoes, okra, beans and peppers....

I have been stocking ammo and looking for some new rifles to keep around the house... I don't think that I will need to defend against intruders but I do see where deer, rabbit, fowle might be back in my future. We have 30 acres here and there is plenty to eat if we needed it... We have a pond with stocked catfish ready to eat too...

Some would tell us we worry too much but I think of it as being prepared for what we see on the horizon. You can look at the worlds events and it won't take much for prices to skyrocket.... Im not ready to lock myself in an underground bunker but we can save a lot of money by getting food now at a reduced rate. If we can last for a year or so with the food we have and only picking up the essential things we need we will save a lot of money. I know the corn and green beans were 98 cents last month up from the 40 cents they were last year...

cap

Last edited:
hell you guys worry too much, im just gonna kick back and wait for the guvmint to take care of me. :rofl:

that worked out *fantastically* for the folks in New Orleans not long ago :whistle:

I think this will get worse before it gets better :banghead: I saw a program for super coupon dude last night, I might have to get into some of that action and start stocking up on consumables that have a long shelf life (soap, detergents, TP, etc). This guy went and got over $7500 worth of crap for $245 :o :bowdown:

I'm sorry to say this, but I honestly believe the U.S. will never recover the economic preeminence it once had. Too many decades of greedy unions, stupid politicians and "free trade" have ruined things.
The only way I could see you guys getting out of that hole is by bringing back trade tariffs, so that businesses would find it economically viable to start manufacturing in the USA again.

It's a real shame that this has happened and, unfortunately, when the US goes down it'll take a lot of other countries with it.

My wife is really good a couponing. I have my worries about the kind of immediate future as well. I dont really talk about it, because my wife would think that I am crazy. She is the type that doesnt worry until it IS TIME to worry.
Our problem with stock piling food is that we dont have a place to store it. I would love to have cases of veggies, drinks, water, tp, soap, frozen meat (which my wife thinks expires in a year), and other staples of dehydrated stuff. As well as plenty of ammo for my weapons. It would even be nice to have about a 1000 gallon gas tank stored under ground.
It would be nice to not have to worry about this stuff, but with everything going on around us, it is something that we need to atleast keep in our minds.
Some people may think that I am crazy as well, but I am telling you guys, we have a rough road ahead, and our government is NOT doing anything to help us! What we, as Americans need to do is put some FRESH, NEW government in place to actually HELP us. Maybe, just maybe it isn't too late!!
Am I just crazy, or is it possible to save America?

Another problem we have, is that there is NO WAY for us as people to talk to anyone with any authority or power to change things.
There has to be a way to get things changed, but how??

Things will get better they always do. Plus just how bad is it depends on who your listening to. You can worrie about it and waste your time you have in life or you can stop being a follower and live your life. people are doing just fine and always will sure there are bad times and good times but it all balances out dont waste what time you have in your life listening to depressing things or people life is just too short.:rulez: This is your chance do you want to waste it? Go take a ride bet youll forget about all the crap. I seem to remember alot of people that thought the year 2000 was the end I wonder if they still have all their supplies:laugh: Wake up this world is not perfect, live life:beerchug:

I think you're paranoid and here why...

If you look back on history and study what should really be concerning you (your mortality) you'll find that that we live in turbulent but relatively safe times. Imagine being in Europe during the Plague or a Jew in Germany during WWII. How about an American Indian during the domination of the American West. If you're interested in numbers, here is some great info on Wikipedia. These are real disasters and certainly a time to be scared.

In America, heart disease is the number one killer. That means people are essentially eating themselves to death. In Rwanda you have to worry about getting your head cut off if your of a different tribe...in America you have flushing toilets and twinkies.

That said, economic recessions and depressions can impact your mortality if you're not prepared. Become prepared by obtaining a skill that can be used to earn a living. Don't learn how to do something that can be outsourced easily. Live within your means. Don't incur debt.

Just my two cents....

I think you're paranoid and here why...

If you look back on history and study what should really be concerning you (your mortality) you'll find that that we live in turbulent but relatively safe times. Imagine being in Europe during the Plague or a Jew in Germany during WWII. How about an American Indian during the domination of the American West. If you're interested in numbers, here is some great info on Wikipedia. These are real disasters and certainly a time to be scared.

In America, heart disease is the number one killer. That means people are essentially eating themselves to death. In Rwanda you have to worry about getting your head cut off if your of a different tribe...in America you have flushing toilets and twinkies.

That said, economic recessions and depressions can impact your mortality if you're not prepared. Become prepared by obtaining a skill that can be used to earn a living. Don't learn how to do something that can be outsourced easily. Live within your means. Don't incur debt.

Just my two cents....

My post isn't about the end of the world its about preparing for a financial problem... You don't have to look to other countries for this, just look now and people that are out of jobs, if you really want to see how bad it can get talk to someone that was living in the great depression..... Lots of people said it couldn't happen then too...

Buy lots of guns and Ammo........Eventually it will be a Bartering Economy. People that Stock Pile Food will Need You and your Ammo to defend themselves against Looters. You can Grow and Hunt for your Food.

My post isn't about the end of the world its about preparing for a financial problem... You don't have to look to other countries for this, just look now and people that are out of jobs, if you really want to see how bad it can get talk to someone that was living in the great depression..... Lots of people said it couldn't happen then too...

I wasn't commenting on your post, I was commenting on the original post...but I'm flattered you read mine and felt it worthy of comment.

My intent was to show that things could be a helluva lot worse given events in the past, to include the great depression.

Buy lots of guns and Ammo........Eventually it will be a Bartering Economy. People that Stock Pile Food will Need You and your Ammo to defend themselves against Looters. You can Grow and Hunt for your Food.

buy lots of waffles too... and syrup!!:laugh:

I thought it wasn't until 2012

Well I don't watch the news, I'm sure the fear mongers have been having a ball lately with the riots all over the world.

Enjoy life, the world ends at 12:00 noon eastern standard time :whistle:

:laugh:

Hang in there you all, 2012 will be the year the Tea-Party will finish off most if not all the remaining crooked America hating Politian's. Obama will not be re-elected and the House & Senate will gain conservative majorities. We here at the Tea-Party will not relent nor will we compromise on our U.S constitution driven principles. Both GOP and Dems are on notice that their voting record will be recorded and they will be accounted for. Obama has been awful for our country and we will ensure that he does not serve another term. You all can bank on that! We have planned this strategy since he's been elected. Hang in there you all because we here at the Tea-Party are relentless and on top of this......det45 :thumbsup:

Oh wait ... I read a little bit of this thread , I thought you guys were asking when they were discontinuing the Busa ! :rofl:

Back