Alternator cover.........question

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Well guys it had to happen, my Busa slipped off the side stand, the crash bungs on the fairing and the swinging arm took the impact so no damage to the fairing, but the alternator cover is roughed up pretty bad. The side stand mod has now been done:whistle: Ok I am a dumb fook :thumbsup: I have got a replacement cover off E bay, but my manual says that I should drain the oil, is this correct, as I though the engine layout is similar to my old Gixer 11:bowdown:

From now on leave your bike in 1st gear and push it forward when you put the kick stand down it won't roll on you.:thumbsup:

Your not going to lose much oil, just put a drain pan under it, you will lose some!

I had about 2 teaspoons of oil dribble out when I replaced my alternator cover. I just wiped everything clean, replaced the gasket and installed the new cover...

Change it out on a Bike Stand not your Kickstand and you wont loose hardly any oil.

Dont ask how I know. :whistle:

After I went down, I had some scrapes in my cover, but no cracks. I was able to use a D A on it and it smoothed out. I then hit it with some primer and black paint. You can't even tell.

When you get the bolts off, you will need to give it a good tug, it is magnetizes. Use med strength loctite on the 3 little screws on the stator and the little clamp piece that holds the wires in place. You do not want these bolts coming loose when riding.
Be careful putting the cover on. It will suck on and pinch yer fingers. ouch!:whistle:

Back